Are you a self-motivated and safety driven individual looking for a maintenance opportunity in a team environment? If so, we may have just the opportunity for you! Our Georgia-Pacific facility in Dubuque, IA is currently looking for a Maintenance Technician to join our team, which is part of one of the nation’s leading corrugated box manufacturers. Check it out here: https://corrugated.gppackaging.com/ The Maintenance Technician will create value by performing a combination of scheduled maintenance, preventative maintenance, and responding to unscheduled breakdowns. If this sounds like something you would enjoy, please consider this opportunity!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshooting, installing, aligning, dismantling, repairing, and maintaining industrial machinery and mechanical equipment for improved reliability and throughput
- Performing predictive precision maintenance to identify and correct mechanical/electrical defects before machines fail
- Maintaining operations equipment to achieve optimal performance levels and meet customer demands
- Working with operations associates to identify and prioritize maintenance needs
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures and actively participating in safety program
- Helping meet or exceed production, waste, and quality goals through a quality maintenance program
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, motors & conveyors
- Experience troubleshooting & repairing hydraulics & pneumatics
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Experience with predictive or preventative maintenance systems
- One or more of the following:
- A minimum of two (2) years of manufacturing or industrial maintenance experience
- A minimum of two (2) years of military maintenance experience
- Associate degree or higher in an electrical/mechanical or electro-mechanical field
What Will Put You Ahead
- Welding experience
- Plumbing knowledge or experience
- Multi-meter knowledge
- Experience with poly-phase electrical systems
- Experience operating mobile equipment
- Experience or knowledge with PLC/Variable Frequency Drives
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf