DEPARTMENT SUPERINTENDENT- PLYWOOD
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Department Superintendent in our plywood mill in Prosperity SC. This role will be responsible for leading a wood products production department to work injury-free/incident free in a continuous manufacturing environment, consistent with Georgia-Pacific's management philosophy and framework. The Superintendent will also be responsible for supporting an approach to optimize the constraining process and machine centers.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Facilitating team development and growth through effective communication and performance evaluations.
- Prioritizing work orders to address machine center functionality and optimize on equipment availability.
- Ensuring areas operate effectively and efficiently, meeting or exceeding benchmark & milestones.
- Utilizing work processes to effectively manage and facilitate good asset health through PM & PDM.
- Building employee commitment and ownership and holding personnel accountable to meet those expectations.
- Facilitating team developmental growth by reviewing and evaluating personnel performance.
- Motivating and encouraging team to positively contribute in their roles to capture long-term value for facility.
- Driving safety excellence through personnel involvement, ownership & accountability.
- Proactively identifying hazards and implementing appropriate mitigating strategies to improve safety capacity.
- Facilitating resolution to complex or chronic issues preventing equipment design.
- Owning data entry and accuracy compiled to create departmental reports.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED.
- Five (5) or more years of supervisory or management experience in a manufacturing facility.
- Experience in leading a department or organization in EH&S, Reliability, Production, Cost and Quality Excellence.
- Experience in analyzing production data to eliminate waste and foster continuous improvement.
- Must have working knowledge and experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and ability to learn various PC-based production and operations applications.
- Must be able and willing to work a flexible work schedule
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical engineering or a similar discipline.
- Five (5) or more years of supervisory or management experience in a Plywood manufacturing facility.
- Previous experience working in a plywood production facility.
- Experience working with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) - SAP, MP2, ActivePlant.
- Continuous improvement, experience and/or education.
- Knowledge of equipment servicing, planning/scheduling, supply chain management, mechanical maintenance, plant engineering, quality and corrugator/converting processes and equipment.
- Experience with statistical analysis.
IND-GP-OPS Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf