PROJECT PROCUREMENT MANAGER
Responsibilities include issuance of RFQ’s, management of purchase orders with broad latitude in selection of potential suppliers and placement of purchase orders in accordance with company policies and procedures, job requirements. Additional responsibilities include management of supplier performance, which include on-time performance.
Contributes to overall commercial, economic and technical success of JZHC Asia Pacific projects representing procurement function on the project team and ensuring costs are optimized, goods are procured and delivered to meet the defined project requirements.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Effectively manage the Request for Quotation (RFQ) process.
- Solicit quotations, negotiate price/terms/delivery, prepare commercial/technical bid packages.
- Lead the supplier selection process in conjunction with sourcing.
- Take ownership of schedule.
- Manage Engineering and customer changes.
- Manage purchase order or contract and all communications between the Company and Supplier.
- Monitor process sub-suppliers (coating, galvanizing, plate rolling, etc.)
- Attend Kick-off/Pre-Inspection meetings as required.
- Maintain and develop positive supplier relationships.
- Reconcile and approve Supplier invoices for payment.
- Support JZHC Global Supply Chain Group by ensuring that goods and services are delivered on or before agreed contractual dates.
- Comply with all policies and procedures.
- Additional duties as required by supervisor.
- Travel 30%.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Academic qualifications to the standard of Diploma or Degree in engineering, business administration or supply chain management
- Minimum 5 years of procurement experience in refinery/chemical/oil & gas industry
- Fluent in English & Mandarin, required to communicate with Chinese counterparts, knowledge of additional languages is a plus
- Possess supplier negotiation & supplier management skills/experience
- Proficient technical software skills to keep accurate and easily accessible records: Intermediate level on MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Possess a background in manufacturing (engineering, materials, fabrication, assembly process)
- Good Grasp on Inco-terms
- Comfortable communicating with peers and upper management
- Exposure and experience of Petrochemical Industry standards
- Working knowledge with major petrochemical companies’ specifications
- Experience working with shopfloor personals
- Resourceful, Flexible and results oriented