SYSTEMS ANALYST - IT/OT
- “Owning” responsibility for on-going maintenance and reliability of specific applications. Includes serving as technical Subject Matter Experts, managing lifecycle road map and upgrades, documenting support and work processes, and ensuring the application is meeting functional objectives of the business
- Identifying and executing on opportunities to automate monitoring and alerting of process controls systems.
- Administering complex IT platforms in a multilayer network environment.
- Partnering with plant operations and transformation teams in execution of projects. These may involve new or existing technology, will require working with plant teams to understand functional requirements of the system, and evaluation of alternative solutions
- Responding to incidents and unplanned events while participating in an after-hours on-call rotation
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, or a related field from an accredited university, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable professional experience in command line tools and other windows system functions
- 2+ years’ experience in the deployment and on-going management of software applications in an enterprise environment
- Familiarity with the overall IT technology stack (Ex. Networks, Firewalls, Active Directory, Windows and Linux OS administrative tasks)
- Prior experience working in and supporting manufacturing environments/real-time systems.
- Prior experience working with segmented network technologies (Firewalls, Cross Domain Active Directory)
- Familiarity with scripting technologies (PowerShell, Groovy, Python)
- Prior experience with manufacturing process monitoring and control systems (e.g Bently’s System 1, AspenTech’s APC, OSIsoft’s PI, Power monitoring solutions, etc.)
- Experience with the development and architecture of real-time systems and solutions at the edge and strategies to support rapid deployment and a scalable support model.
- Experience with automation of alerting and response (reusable design in edge deployments, guaranteed deliverability, strategies to handle false signals) and tools like Paessler’s PRTG or LogRhythm
Flint Hills Resources is seeking a Systems Analyst to join the application support capability in our Information Technology and Operations Technology (IT/OT) team.The IT/OT team specializes in support of applications and infrastructure critical to operation of the plant manufacturing process.
A Systems Analyst – IT/OT Analysts plays a hybrid role, blending elements of a Business Systems Analyst (BSA) and a technical IT specialist to support and modernize IT systems critical to reliable operation of the plant manufacturing process. IT/OT Analysts work jointly with plant operations and innovation teams to provide support and on-going development of existing applications, execute projects, and support experimentation with new technologies that enable FHR’s digital transformation vision.
The analyst will have the opportunity to build very close relationships with a focused group of key plant teams, understand plant operational and work processes in depth, understand plant business objectives, and participate in the engineering of technology solutions to address those objectives. Critical analysis, self-motivation, and the ability to deliver on IT solutions are key to this role.
The analyst will work with the extended IT/OT teams responsible for management of IT infrastructure, systems administration, and cyber security in order to inform development of architectural standards, monitoring capabilities, and security standards.
·Supporting base IT functions as needed: executing pre- and post- steps for patching, escalating issues with 3rd party vendors, troubleshooting issues directly with our customers in both team and individual settings.
·Experience managing IT/Software initiatives and projects (leading status meetings, gathering and working through requirements, focusing on agile and iterative deliverables) Experience with customer and 3rd party facing interactions (backlog management, customer engagement activities, representing long and short-term gaps in discussions with 3rd parties).
Preferred Qualifications (what will set you apart):