Sourcing Specialist - Commodity Electronics
Lead and execute new product sourcing activities and cost reduction initiatives. Drive continuous improvement and meet the business needs in terms of cost, quality, delivery, and Supply base risk management. Support the strategic procurement objectives, including supply base consolidation, improvement of supplier performance, and supporting the needs of internal and external customers.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Proactively identify current and future sourcing needs for the business unit. Help develop a best in class supply base to support the needs. Partner with the New Product Development team to ensure all critical technology and cost needs are met. Ensure suppliers are ready for launch and able to meet customer needs.
- Maintain and consistent communication with the Global Category Management team and alignment with the Global Procurement Category Strategies.
- Conduct “should cost” and make vs. buy analysis, as well as thorough risk assessment to drive appropriate sourcing decisions.
- Lead commercial negotiations, including cost and overall supply agreements. Negotiate legal terms under the guidance of the Molex Legal team.
- Monitor sourcing and procurement innovation trends in the marketplace, while continuing to identify process improvement opportunities and implementing best practices.
- Conduct all affairs with integrity. Ensure the supply base and Molex Procurement team operate within the framework of regulatory and legal requirements. Gain understanding of and acceptance of respective documents, such as Molex Code of Conduct, Molex Terms and Conditions, and address any other requirements through Supply Agreements.
- Manage internal business relationships and gain a comprehensive understanding of business requirements. Managing external partnerships critical to meeting objectives
- Manage governance and control programs to ensure business continuity, protect company assets and comply with corporate and regulatory policies
The Experience You Will Bring
- Fluency in English
- Strong and demonstrated experience in management of Electronics commodity
- Higher education (preferred engineering/technical studies)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Automotive procurement experience focused on Electronics and Contract Manufacturing
- German language