Field Service Technician II
A successful candidate for this role will be responsible for the installation supervision, troubleshooting and maintenance recommendations to our customers as well as commissioning new combustion equipment at customers’ job site both in Mexico and abroad. The successful candidate will be based in the Mexico City office and will work from that office when not at a customer jobsite. The Technician must possess good mechanical aptitude with the ability to learn complex mechanical and combustion systems. The Technician must also possess a solid understanding of basic electrical theory and have rudimentary knowledge of PLC’s and Touchscreen Displays (HMI’s).
What You Will Do In Your Role
- The candidate must have worked with register burners, duct burners or utility burners for a minimum of one year as well as knowledge on Vapor Recovery Units and Flares. The candidate must be able to follow BMS and HMI programming and logic in PLC’s and be knowledgeable of how various instruments, such as transmitters, control valve positioners and pressure switches function.
- The candidate shall have worked with register burners, duct burners, utility burners or Vapor Recovery Units and flares for a minimum of 5 years as a Service Technician. The candidate shall be able to follow BMS, HMI and Combustion Control programming and logic in PLC's.Ability to program flame scanners and commission gas/oil igniters.
- The Technician will be expected to travel on a regular basis to customer job sites. The Technician will need excellent interpersonal skills and be a trusted adviser to the customer. The Technician will be expected to advise the customer regarding spare parts and suggest Preventative Maintenance Service.
The Technician will be expected to climb stairs or catwalks and work in outdoor environments at job sites. The technician will need to be responsible for meeting all the safety, health and performance training requirements. Technicians must be actively committed to environmental, health and safety programs.
- (2 year technical degree (or equivalent) in engineering from an accredited college or university) or (5 years of equivalent work experience with register burners, duct burners or utility burners, and their corresponding BMS and/or HMI’s).Must be able to converse, read and write rudimentary English.
- Full 4-year (or equivalent) degree in mechanical or chemical engineering from an accredited college or university. Fluent in English, both written and verbal.