Maintenance Mechanic Class A
Maintenance Mechanic - Fordyce, AR
Georgia-Pacific is seeking safety-oriented individuals to join our team as a Maintenance Mechanic in Fordyce, AR. This is a highly skilled hourly position requiring a thorough understanding of safe work practices, troubleshooting, and maintenance of manufacturing equipment. This position creates value for the facility by performing preventative and corrective maintenance leading to increased up-time and reliability, thus helping the facility to meet their production and quality goals.
Georgia-Pacific in Fordyce, AR manufactures Oriented Strand Board (OSB), compressed strands of wood chips that are bound together by adhesives which prevent moisture intrusion. The most common uses are sheathing in walls, flooring and roof decking. Georgia-Pacific’s Building Products business has consistently been among the nation’s top suppliers of building products to building materials dealers and large warehouse retailers. Georgia-Pacific employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace. To learn more about our Building Products division, visitwww.buildgp.com.
What you will do in your role.
- Troubleshooting, installing, aligning, dismantling, and repairing industrial machinery and mechanical equipment for improved reliability and up-time
- Performing periodic maintenance routines to identify and correct mechanical defects before they fail
- Maintaining operations equipment to achieve optimal performance levels
- Working with operations associates to identify and prioritize maintenance needs
- Perform responsibilities of the job in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment, following strict safety rules and regulations, while wearing Personal Protective Equipment when necessary.
The experience you will bring.
- At least 1 year of experience in industrial mechanical maintenance within an industrial, military or manufacturing environment
- Willing and able you sign a confidentiality agreement as a condition of employment
- Willing and able to provide your own personal metric and standard tools, to include wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers etc.
- Experience with fabrication and welding
What Will Put You Ahead?
- At least two (2) years of experience troubleshooting, installing, aligning, dismantling, and repairing industrial machinery and mechanical equipment for improved reliability and up-time
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf