Associate Director, Koch Real Estate Investments
We are seeking an Associate Director to join our Koch Real Estate Investments (“KREI”) team! KREI is the real estate investment arm of Koch Industries that makes financial investments across real estate asset classes and operating companies with flexibility to invest throughout the capital stack. KREI’s investment activities seek to generate appropriate risk-adjusted returns. As the Associate Director, you will be responsible for assisting in underwriting, diligencing and structuring new real estate opportunities in the US and abroad, and asset management of existing investments.
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Self-starter, highly focused, ability to work independently and lead investment diligence and underwriting
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Collaborative and team player
- Entrepreneurial spirit, creative, and ability to think outside the box
- Integrity and a strong sense of ethics
- Strong financial modeling skills, including operating company underwriting
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Assist in responsibility for the underwriting, financial modeling, diligence, and internal memo preparation for real estate investments.
- Run diligence process for new investments and work alongside team to negotiate, structure, finance, and close asset and operating company investments.
- Assist in financial analysis and tracking of operational performance of the existing portfolio to identify trends and opportunities.
- Track portfolio operating results on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis. Complete cash flow forecasts or other analysis as needed for strategic decision making concerning individual assets.
- Track market conditions and performance in relation to current portfolio performance
- Prepare standard and ad hoc reports and presentations to facilitate communication and transparency as required.
- Maintain current knowledge of the real estate industry and global capital markets by monitoring current financial publications, as well as leveraging personal contacts with outside research/industry professionals and conducting ad hoc research as necessary.
- Develop the ability to lead complicated, structured transactions from start-to-finish, including presenting to management with a deal level recommendation.
- Develop personal skill set to screen, diligence, and model public and private corporate opportunities.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of 4 years experience in real estate investment banking, private equity, or corporate M&A
- Hands on transactional due diligence and closing experience
- Demonstrated experience in analytical and financial modeling
- Experience preparing operating memorandums and/or detailed valuation presentations
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Position is not eligible for VISA Sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Real Estate Finance or Business-related field
- Understanding of real estate debt and equity markets
- Ability to lead the acquisition of real estate properties, structured securities, and operating companies from start to finish
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf