Electronics Design Engineer
Electronic hardware design expertise in the development of new products, especially portable embedded systems.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Expand the capability for electronic hardware development at the Hudson location, in collaboration with existing electrical engineering staff
- Perform the development of electronic hardware for portable battery-powered medical devices, especially but not exclusively: component selection, schematic design, PCB layout, and laboratory testing.
- Define emebedded system electrical architecture; optimizing for cost, space, or performance as guided by customer priorities
- Thoroughly document design requirements of circuit blocks; calculations, simulations, power modeling, characterization testing results
- Ownership of PCB commercialization by seeking and incorporating feedback from manufacturing, sourcing, and testing teams
- Assist in performance of systems design tasks, such as writing systems requirement specification
- Write the related design input and design output documentation supporting this development activity
- Write, oversee, and perform verification test protocols for hardware systems, and report on results
- Execute electronic hardware development processes in accordance with ISO13485
- Develop and fabricate production functional test equipment, or facilitate external procurement of same
- Build relationships with the existing electronic hardware team in Struer, Denmark to gain leverage on their skills, processes, and bandwidth
- There is a growth opportunity for electrical design team functional management with this position, but this track is optional
- Extended travel to other facilities may be required to support business needs
- Some programs may have vision requirements
- Other duties as assigned
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Biomedical Engineering or directly related degree/equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience (5 years preferred) developing electronic hardware for medical devices, or similar consumer health devices. Preference will be given for experience with hand-portable, battery-powered devices.
- Experience with ARM Cortex microprocessor architecture and related development tools.
- Experience with these hardware components: primary and rechargeable batteries, power management ICs, sensors, BLE and WIFI wireless hardware, motors and motor drive circuitry.
- Experience with medical device design verification, and with ISO13485 design controls methodology.
- Familiar with IEC 60601 requirements, and FCC “Part 15” & ETSI radio hardware regulations.
- Experience designing and building development-grade and production-grade PCB assembly and finished-device testers.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with ECAD schematic entry and PCB layout tools Altium
- Experience co-writing hardware layer embedded software in collaboration with software development team
In order to comply with U.S. Export control laws and regulations, this position requires applicants to either provide proof of U.S. Citizenship or lawful permanent resident status or be eligible to receive an export authorization (a license) under the International Traffic In Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf