Mold Process Engineer
We are currently adding a Mold Process Engineer to join our Transportation Industrial Solutions team. If you are looking for a way to accelerate your career and be part of a great company, this may be the opportunity for you.
In this role, you will provide a positive impact to accelerate mold development and increase our capabilities in new product development, as it relates to mold tooling and processing. This position has key impact on Mold Design, Operations, and Product Design. The responsibility to execute tasks on projects impacts capital spending, lead time results, and division metrics.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead new mold development projects: concept tool designs, verification of concepts through Moldflow simulation, development of qualification requirements, follow-up with suppliers (remotely and on-site) for tool qualification, scientific molding processes development, product review and disposition, and launch support into operations.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting project status, timing and budget performance to the Mold Engineering Supervisor and Project Manager. Accountability for performance and executing the mold development plan.
- Work directly with new product teams and advise on robust design for manufacturability of new products.
- Review Moldflow simulation results to improve and drive more-successful tool and part designs, verifying actual parts against predictions.
- Analyzing part data and communicating findings and recommendations for improvements. Objective is to minimize tooling adjustments through thorough investigation and well-planned, executed tooling strategy.
- Establish molding process parameters, scientifically, using cavity pressure technology in a way that assures the best and most consistent process. Transfer data and lessons learned to other process engineers to expand their knowledge.
- Leverage statistical techniques and methods such as Design of Experiments (DOE) to develop robust processes and translate process information to guidelines, creating long term value.
- Ensure that all documentation (Mold estimates, CAE results, tooling plans, mold designs, process development, QC reports, etc.) for assigned molds during the qualification phase are complete and properly stored.
- Provide technical support to resolve issues (equipment, process, and tooling) and assist the operations team with problem resolution.
- Develop best practices to identify, study, and deploy advanced molding/tooling technologies intended to drive lower costs, better quality, and faster product delivery through coordination with other technical resources.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor in Plastics Engineering Technology, Manufacturing Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in injection molding/tooling development.
- Use of engineering principles, theories, concepts, practices, and techniques associated with scientific molding. A working knowledge and experience with molding machines and ancillary equipment.
- Experience with CAD and other 3-D modeling software (NX preferred).
- Basic understanding of GD&T for reviewing product prints.
- Ability to travel both domestic and international up to 20%.
What Will Put You Ahead
- RJG Master Molder I/II or BTI AIM certification
- Experience with tooling/molding development in the electronic components industry or close-tolerance molding.
- Must be a team player that is willing to cooperate with and consider input from supervisor, co-workers, and members from other functional areas.
- Willingness to work occasional overtime and weekends, as needed.
- Experience in a fasted paced, dynamic, global environment with multiple changing priorities. Experience working as lead with remote sites and outside vendors.
- Experience mentoring and developing associate members of molding process development team.
- Experience using MS Office Software such as Excel, Word, Outlook, and familiar with applications such as Minitab and SAP.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf