The IT Business Analyst in the Fabrication division serves as a liaison between the business and IT technical teams and technology providers. Initially the role will support the Fabrication organization in the implementation and ongoing maintenance of the Guardian Fabrication System (GFS) ERP built and maintained internally across our regional businesses.
This role works with our businesses to deliver both tactical and strategic solutions, ensuring initiatives provide expected business value through project controls, collaboration, and stakeholder communication. Success will be achieved by leveraging experience, leadership skills, positive attitude as well as the understanding for cross-functional relationships in helping to deliver process and technology solutions within a global environment.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide business analysis, implementation, and support assistance of our ERP system (GFS).
- Be part of multiple project teams collaborating across a series of exciting transformation projects, ensuring that deliverables are aligned to prioritized requirements and business needs.
- Challenge the business assumptions so that requirements and delivered solutions meet current/future needs.
- Make recommendations and proposals for implementation of business process and customer experience.
- Work closely with the Project Management team to highlight issues, risks, and support delivering to the project deadlines, achieving an appropriate balance between time, quality, and cost.
- Become a subject matter expert for the Guardian Fabrication System.
- Building strong relationships with key stakeholders across Technology, Business customers, and Software vendors to ensure that we are supporting the projects and business goals.
- Collaborate with the business on User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and drive it to closure.
- Monitor support tickets queue, provide support, and troubleshoot complex application issues.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Collect, analyze, develop, document, communicate business requirements.
- Produce design documents, functional specifications, and business process maps to facilitate project scoping and initiation.
- Work with solutions architects to understand and assist in the design of systems integration.
- Perform troubleshooting and issue resolution using analytical skills. Provide timely user support and communications for any system-related issues.
- Review existing business processes to determine where automation / improvements will drive efficiency. Recommend uses of software functionality, design solutions.
- Collaborate with the rest of the IT members to identify appropriate internal or external solutions.
- Additional responsibilities may include project management, metric reporting, presentation creation, development of training materials, and conducting system demonstrations.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Business, Computer Science, closely related field, or equivalent in work experience.
- 2-5 years of experience in IT roles, preferably with emphasis in supporting an ERP system.
- Leadership Skills – Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills; ability to present and discuss strategies and technical information in a manner that establishes rapport, persuades others, and establishes understanding for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated high learning agility with strong analytical, problem-solving, decision-making, and communication skills.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Self-motivated with strong sense of accountability, initiative, and the ability to work collaboratively or independently to accomplish results that meet the business priorities.
- Previous experience in business process mapping, defining system requirements and test scenarios.
- Specific skills include facilitating change, driving operational excellence, and striving for continuous improvement.
- Strong hands on experience with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.).
- Ability to travel up to 15% to US facilities required.
Qualifications and Education
What Will Put You Ahead
- General knowledge of end-to-end Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems/processes.
- Master data management and master data governance experience preferred.
- Functional experience in data warehousing and Business Intelligence domain.
- Broad general IT skills and knowledge (productivity tools, SDLC tools, Agile, general industry knowledge)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf