At Georgia-Pacific's Innovation Institute in Neenah, WI, we are committed to meeting our customers’ needs with solutions that involve great design, consistent quality, and demonstrated customer value. We are currently seeking a Research Associate with a specific focus on the tissuemaking creping & coating process and related chemical needs. This role is in Georgia-Pacific’s North American Consumer Products Research & Development Tissuemaking Platform. The Research Associate will create value by evaluating both internally and externally generated creping chemistries and processes that will enable GP to develop new tissue-based consumer products that meet customer needs. They will also improve and expand the company’s process and functional papermaking capabilities, with the same goal in mind. Serving as the Subject Matter Expert for Creping Chemistry, they will communicate needs to suppliers and evaluate the proposed solutions they develop. They will also ensure that the production process is ramped up effectively and the end product meets customer standards. We seek creative and inventive individuals who can work independently and collaboratively as Principled Entrepreneurs™ to conceptualize and profitably translate ideas into successful marketplace options.
This role requires 25% travel.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Propose and conduct research projects to address operation’s needs, product development projects, or future need states of tissue-based consumer products
- Lead projects and support group goals, identify and proactively address problems by executing experiments that pursue new technology, analyze data with a creative and open-minded approach and communicate results to R&D management, external vendors, and mill operations in a timely and effective way
- Support the organization through developing Intellectual Property strategies that include landscape investigation, invention disclosures and patent applications
- Develop knowledge processes for creping technology that will improve the product or process by fine tuning product formulations or manufacturing processes to ensure end products meet quality and cost goals
- Support scale-up trials and troubleshooting within production facilities
- Manage multiple projects that include both internal development and external collaborations
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Paper Science, Chemistry, or Engineering
- Five (5) or more years of industrial work in a papermaking or chemical R&D environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Advanced degree (M.S. or PhD) in Paper Science, Chemistry, or Engineering.
- Experience and knowledge of the tissuemaking process
- Experience and knowledge of Yankee coatings or other process and functional papermaking chemicals
- Experience in product development or industrial work in a papermaking or a chemical R&D environment
- Experience in pilot and production ramp up of new chemicals or new technologies
About the Neenah, WI Area:
Our facility is the Georgia-Pacific Innovation Institute® in Neenah, WI. Neenah is located in the heart of Northeast Wisconsin (also known as the Fox Valley) and is within driving distance to popular metro locations including Milwaukee, WI, Chicago, IL, Madison, WI and Green Bay, WI. The Fox Valley offers year-round recreation and attractions including 19 ski resorts within 100 miles, excellent shopping, and diversity in restaurants, music and nightlife. For families and nature lovers, the Fox Valley boasts a wealth of parks & wildlife refuges, excellent school districts, and other family-based activities. The area also has attractions such as the Fox Valley Performing Arts Center in Appleton, EAA in Oshkosh, along with great fishing and boating on local lakes, rivers and within driving distance to Lake Michigan. If you are sports fan, Lambeau field and Miller Park are within a short driving distance. Living in the Fox Valley provides the diversity and amenities of a larger city with a strong sense of community. We welcome you to explore what the Fox Valley could offer you!
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf