Maintenance Mechanic - Mt. Jewett, PA
Are you a self-motivated, enthusiastic, driven individual with industrial maintenance experience? Then we have the job for you! Georgia-Pacific is seeking a safety-oriented individual to join our team as a Maintenance Mechanic at our Mt. Jewett, PA facility. This is a highly skilled hourly position requiring a thorough understanding of safe work practices, troubleshooting, and maintenance of manufacturing equipment.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Troubleshooting all mechanical problems; repairing and maintaining all equipment in accordance with plant policy and procedure
- Installing and repairing mechanical drives, chains, sprockets, gears, belts, and couplings
- Reading mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics
- Accurately using measuring tools including micrometers, calipers, tachometers, and dial indicators
- Welding on as-needed basis
- Working as a part of a team to ensure timely completion of all maintenance tasks and minimize equipment down time
- Working any shift, overtime, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Working around dust, oil, grease, chemicals, and other substances
- Working in a hot, humid, cold, noisy industrial environment
- Maintaining strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma or GED
- At least 1 year of industrial maintenance experience OR a 2-year technical degree in Maintenance Mechanics or Engineering Associate
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience working with conveyors, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf