Do you have experience troubleshooting manufacturing or industrial equipment? Do you enjoy working as part of a team to increase uptime and reliability? If this sounds like your ideal job, then we want to talk to you! Georgia-Pacific’s Gypsum facility in Savannah, GA is seeking a qualified individual to join our team as a Mechanical Maintenance Technician. Maintenance Technicians work in an industrial environment that is hot, humid and noisy and work around dust grease, oil and other chemical substances. This role operates on eight to twelve-hour shifts that include weekends, holidays, overtime and rotating shifts. Technicians will perform tasks such as lifting, up to 50 lbs., walking, climbing, pushing, twisting and stooping for up to twelve (12) hours a day to perform the responsibilities of this role.
The Georgia-Pacific facility in Savannah, GA produces a variety of gypsum wallboard products. Wallboard is an affordable, strong and durable construction material used in residential and commercial building. Georgia-Pacific Gypsum is a leading manufacturer of innovative solutions which have long been recognized for contributing to the sustainability of commercial and residential buildings. Our pioneering and state-of-the-art fiberglass mat technology has inspired the construction industry to build with products that help manage moisture damage during and after construction. For more information on Georgia Pacific’s Gypsum Division please visit www.buildgp.com/georgia-pacific-gypsum.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Maintaining machine health through preventive and predictive activities
- Repairing equipment through accurate replacement of parts/components, adjustments including belts, chains, gearing, and power transmission components
- Setting up machine centers in a precision and reliable state utilizing precision alignment instrumentation and straight edge/string alignment
- Being flexible to work in other areas of the reliability department or in other parts of the plant as needed
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
The Experience You Will Bring
Minimum of three (3) years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment repairing and troubleshooting mechanical/electrical systems and plant equipment
- Experience troubleshooting mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems on process equipment
- Experience reading and interpreting technical drawings and sketches
- Experience utilizing precision maintenance and tools including torque wrenches, micrometers, calipers, dials, infrared, ultrasonic etc.
What Will Put You Ahead
Experience with fabrication, cutting, and welding
- Experience with predictive technologies such as oil analysis, vibration analysis, infrared, ultrasound, etc.
- Documented completion of an apprenticeship program
- Minimum of five (5) years maintenance experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment repairing and troubleshooting mechanical/electrical systems and plant equipment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf