Start a new career with Georgia-Pacific, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Building Products and Consumer Products. We are hiring for entry-level manufacturing positions at our Newington, New Hampshire facility.
The Georgia-Pacific facility in Newington, NH produces a variety of gypsum wallboard products. Wallboard is an affordable, strong and durable construction material used in residential and commercial building.
These positions start at $19 per hour and higher, depending on your experience. Our performance-based compensation system allows motivated employees to earn accelerated rate increases, an extra $1.50 per hour for 2nd shift or an extra $2.00 per hour for 3rd shift, quarterly bonus program participation, and spot bonuses. We offer full medical and dental benefits, life insurance, a 401K matching program, paid holidays, paid vacation days and paid floating holidays each year.
Machine Operators work in an industrial environment that is hot, humid and noisy and work around dust grease, oil and other chemical substances. This role operates on eight to twelve-hour shifts that include weekends, holidays, overtime and rotating shifts. Technicians will perform tasks such as lifting, up to 50 lbs., walking, climbing, pushing, twisting and stooping for up to twelve (12) hours a day, including work on elevated surfaces, including platforms, ladders, or buildings with several stories, to perform the responsibilities of this role.
Safety is a shared value at Georgia-Pacific, and we walk-the-talk through employee involvement in every facet of our operation. Opportunities for advancement are only limited by your initiative and ability to create value in a business that is solid, growing, and reinvesting in new technologies for enhanced safety, quality, reliability, and employee fulfillment.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Operating production equipment and machinery
- Performing quality checks
- Keeping designated work area clean throughout shift to maintain an orderly and safe work environment
- Assisting crew members with setups, troubleshooting, asset care duties, and making minor machine adjustments
- Entering data to maintain accurate records of orders shipped
- Using a tape measure or micrometer
- Working to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Two years minimum working experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience operating a heavy load forklift
- Experience working in manufacturing or other industrial environments
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf