Master Technician / Millwright
KSPS is currently recruiting for a Master Technician that will support Georgia-Pacific Gypsum in Quanah, TX. In this role, you will be part of the continued operation and reliability improvements of all production lines. This position will work closely with operators, millwrights, electricians and various members of the management team. This Reliability Technician role will work in a high energy, dynamic organization established on the principles of an adaptive work system focused on the execution of reliability strategies. They will learn, apply and teach the equipment theory of operation and the operational processes.
Read below to learn more.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Proactively identify hazards and mitigate risk
- Adhere to high standards for quality and product safety
- Troubleshoot assets and processes in the production system
- Effectively communicate valuable information to the team using a variety of tools (verbal, written, electronic, etc.)
- Apply knowledge and expertise while building and improving asset strategies
- Evaluate and provide feedback regarding operating targets and limits
- Continuously build technician and other reliability technician capabilities
- Assist in shutdown planning and lead execution of that work
- Support and mentor zone owners and the equipment's Primary Person Responsible (PPR)
- Actively lead problem solving efforts and drive to the root cause
- Able to run equipment as needed
- Understand and apply the principles of DFR (Design for Reliability)
- Management of on the floor construction tasks such as Safe Work Permit issuer and Task Coordinator
The Experience You Will Bring
- Three (3) years' industrial mechanical maintenance experience in a manufacturing, industrial or military environment
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulic and pneumatics systems
- Experience troubleshooting issues and making repairs on bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, conveyors, etc
- Experience with reading and understanding mechanical drawings
- Experience with precision alignment of motors, couplings, bearings and pumps
- Experience with lubrication standard of bearings and gearboxes
- Able to work eight (8) and twelve (12) hour shifts, holidays, weekends, overtime and on-call as needed
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
What Will Put You Ahead
- Five (5) or more years of mechanical millwright experience in an industrial environment
- Operations experience on wallboard equipment or mill mechanical maintenance experience within the last five (5) years
- Ability to use laser alignment for all rotary equipment installations
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience interpreting and analyzing motor failures
- Experience performing and maintaining existing motor testing program database
- Experience with electrical code and standards: EASA, IEE and NFPA 70E
- Willing and able to administer Motor Circuit Analysis based on the following tests and standards using MCE PdMA
- Experience with Electrical Circuit Analysis using Baker Tester (both Static and Dynamic testers)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf