PLATING LOAD UNLOAD Operator-Shift B
This position reports directly to the Plating supervisor or team lead. Process automotive emblem/badge component parts. Must be open and flexible to working in other stations within the department/Plant as business fluctuates.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop competent, multidisciplinary skill sets capable of performing work in the plating department
- Complete production task in accordance with IATF 16949 based procedures and work instructions
- Ensure production volume requirements are met using a safe and productive process flow
- Meet or exceed customer expectations for quality by utilizing surface defect template, customer standards, boundary sample boards, and standard path of inspection methods with the mentality of “Zero” defects.
- Perform in a structured environment that is driven by self-discipline and strong work ethics
- Utilize the 5S process and philosophy to establish work place norms for orderliness, cleanliness, discipline, continuous improvement
- Conduct themselves in a safe manner by following all job safety practices
- Adhere to all plant policies, procedures, and work instructions
- Accept personal ownership of company, plant and departmental goals for quality, productivity and safety.
- Maintain and continuously improve work area(s) as well as associated tools and equipment
- Ability to distinguish variations in product color as well as other cosmetic defects.
- Knowledge of customer quality specifications and standards for all surface areas
- Knowledge of our CMS system and the ability to use and print labels correctly
- Ability to use the Kanban system effectively
- Actively participate in the meeting or exceeding of departmental goals for safety, quality, and productivity by employing the principles of lean manufacturing
- Conduct themselves in a safe manner by following all job safe practices
- Ability to become proficient in loading and unloading bars
- Ability to detect small defects at arm length
- Able to work well within a team environment promoting trust and respect with co-workers in a three-shift operation
The Experience You Will Bring
- Ability to work fast pace for long periods at a time
- Must be able to work overtime as required
- Basic verbal and written communication, and math skills.
- Must be able to follow a work instruction
- Ability to walk, stand, bend, and stoop for long periods
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. on occasion.
- Ability to work in fluctuating temperatures
- Ability to lift hands up over head
What Will Put You Ahead
- Highly motivated self-starting individual who is comfortable working as a team
- Must be able to focus for long periods of time
- Must maintain high standards for work attendance and performance
- Analytical problem solver with mind set on continuous improvement
- Ability to make good effective quality decisions in a timely manner
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf