Project Manager - Glass Processing Equipment
Who is Guardian Industries?
When you are looking at a city’s skyline or any of the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency. And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives! To Learn more visit our website at:https://www.guardian.com
Guardian Glass is searching for a Processing Equipment Project Manager!
What You Will Do In Your Role
The ideal candidate will lead and manage the design, specification and installation of large glass processing equipment and key engineering projects for the US and Canada region. Key glass processing areas of focus are cutting, edging, lamination, painting, tempering and insulating.
- Become the Go-to Person/Expert in Glass Fabrication Equipment and Capabilities
- Develop a strong point of view on ‘what good looks like’ in Glass fabrication equipment, suppliers and capabilities:
- Equipment quality and durability
- Cost, quality and consistency of fabricated parts
- Post installation supplier service and replacement parts availability
- Research and stay connected to the latest glass fabrication trends and developments
- Develop relationships with key glass equipment suppliers
- Design and Specify New Glass Processing Equipment and Capabilities
- Partner with the business to identify gaps, capabilities or growth opportunities in which new fabrication equipment or engineering solutions could solve problems and create long-term value
- Support the decision-making process for capital expenditures:
- Determine capital and engineering alternatives available to meet business needs
- Facilitate challenge processes to vet alternatives with cross functional teammates
- Utilize strong economic thinking when exploring and evaluating alternatives
- Assess risks of performance against the project goals (business goals, cost, schedule, operations, & compliance) and mitigate the risks with clear ownership and accountability
- Assist in preparing and presenting equipment or engineering projects to senior leadership
- Own the objectives, scope development, design and front-end engineering in support of the project development and execution and the project controls (project cost estimating, planning/scheduling, project benchmarking, cost control and forecasting
- Work with the Local Plant Teams to Manage the Installation Process
- Ensure projects are developed and executed with disciplined application of the Guardian C-PEP process including tight and effective scope/cost/schedule control and that key learnings are captured and incorporated in the process for future projects
- Assist the local team by providing project and vendor management support to ensure a timely and cost-effective installation and production launch
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience with glass processing equipment and capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Project Engineering or Project Management experience
- Strong financial acumen with analytical and economic thinking skills
- Experience providing senior level presentations and make business recommendations
What will put you Ahead
- MBA or Masters in Engineering
- AutoCAD experience
- Experience working on multi-site projects
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf