Project Manager- Utilities
Georgia Pacific in Perry, FL is looking for a Project Manager for our Cellulose Facility. The Project Manager is responsible for leading project teams in the development and implementation of projects at the mill. This individual will also provide technical support to maintenance and operations.
The GP facility located in Perry Florida is one of the largest specialty cellulose production facilities in the world. The plant has been in operation since the 1950’s and produces specialty cellulose grades utilized in a broad range of products – from filter papers to pharmaceuticals.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Providing integrity-based leadership for the execution of capital projects from conceptualization through operational performance testing
- Leading project teams in the development and implementation of projects using the Georgia-Pacific project work process and front-end loading
- Understanding and application of the MBM Guiding Principles to successfully lead project teams in the implementation of strategic capital initiatives
- Supporting the value drivers for the mill and the business by safely and responsibly delivering project goals including product quality, production, schedule, and cost
- Using the latest project management tools and techniques to complete all phases of a capital project including: design, procurement, construction, and system start up
- Leading the project team in evaluating project alternatives, equipment, vendors and contractors utilizing the Decision Making Framework (DMF) and economic thinking abilities
- Providing technical support to maintenance and operations
- Execution of Project management / mechanical engineering skills including strong analytical capabilities with proven ability to direct and track progress of projects
- Experience with capital project management for paper machine, pulp processing, and/or utilities installations and modifications
- Developing, requesting funding, designing/managing, and executing capital and expense projects and opportunities in a manufacturing environment
- Mechanical maintenance aptitude and troubleshooting / problem solving skills
- Communicating and executing the organization’s safety and performance to internal and external stakeholders
- Managing projects utilizing strong communication, time management and presentation skills
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in an Engineering discipline
- 3 or more years of Power and Recovery experience in Engineering or Maintenance Roles
- Experience in Project Engineering/Management
- Experience with mechanical specifications and drawings, including Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams, Structural, Architectural, and Assembly drawings
- Knowledge and experience with organizing and managing multiple projects
- Experience with MS Office, including MS Project, Excel, and Word
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering
- CAD drafting experience - AutoCAD
- Experience with the application of CMMS, i.e. Asset Suite / Indus Passport
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf