Environmental Health and Safety Leader
Provide leadership, strategic direction, and counsel to the facility through the application of company principles. Ensure that all facility Environmental, Health and Safety activities, systems, and plans effectively drive EHS performance that meets or exceeds business and company EHS objectives and requirements.
The ideal candidate must be able to embrace change, possesses strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to efficiently balance multiple priorities. The position requires strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of audiences. The successful candidate must also be self-motivated, exhibit sound decision skills and have good organization.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Provides leadership and strategic direction to achieve the facility EHS vision.
- Develops tools/methods to assess facility culture and builds strategies to close gaps in organizational and personal risk tolerance.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to facilitate ownership for safety to the line level.
- Develops systems/methods for identifying hazards and evaluating risk in existing or future equipment, processes, and operations.
- Prescribes control solutions to eliminate hazards and causes of loss events and to reduce the chance of loss when hazards cannot be eliminated.
- Develops, with facility leadership, short and long term EHS strategies which integrate safety performance into the facilities day-to-day operation.
- Ensures the facility attracts, develops, and retains the EHS talent and fosters an environment which motivates a team to fully use its capabilities in achieving desired business results.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the Consumer Products Risk Management System, analyzes overall facility EHS trends and checks and adjusts methods, systems, and strategies accordingly.
- Monitors compliance to G-P H&S and Environmental Standards and Best Practices.
- Provide environmental leadership and training to facility operations in all subject matter areas (air, water, waste, etc.).
- Develop and implement programs and strategies that drive Environmental Excellence.
- Prepare Environmental permit applications and reports for regulatory agencies.
- Maintain a positive relationship with regulatory agencies and the community.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Environmental, Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering, or related field, OR 4 years of Environmental Health and Safety work experience.
- Experience with contractor safety programs such as Safe Work Permit, Hot Work, Line Break, Excavation, Confined Space.
- Experience creating and monitoring progress of safety programs and initiatives.
- Experience as an Industrial Hygiene Technician or experience conducting IH sampling.
- Experience with creating and managing action plans, corrective actions, and Key Performance Indicators.
- Knowledge and experience with Environmental permitting and reporting.
What Will Put You Ahead
- A minimum of 5 years Health & Safety experience in an industrial or manufacturing setting.
- A minimum of 2 years Environmental experience in an industrial or manufacturing setting.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Leadership experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf