This job posting is no longer active.
Do you have an interest in growing in logistics? Are you passionate about building relationships? Do you get excited about utilizing new technologies? If so, we have the role for you! Our Loadshop team at KBX Logistics is growing and we are looking for a Capacity Specialist to join us! This position will partner with our business and large carrier base to discover capacity opportunities. This is an exciting position for someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys working with diverse customers and carriers in a sales like role. In this position you will have the opportunity to create value by optimizing cost and services to create long term value within the supply chain.
Loadshop is a fully-transparent digital marketplace available to shippers and carriers in the truckload industry. By connecting these two in a more direct, digital, and transparent manner Loadshop takes out cost typically associated with the spot quote process and makes both sides better off for a true win-win.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Understand market trends to affectively negotiate transactional flatbed or van business with carriers
- Manage transportation process for specific customer facilities and distribution centers
- Build and sustain positive relationships with customers, teammates, and carriers
- Utilize available system tools to manage cost, service, and capacity through carrier solicitation and negotiations
- Analyze data and industry trends to identify opportunities to determine capacity solutions for improved service and/or cost
- Collaborate with teammates and carriers to identify service improvement opportunities
- Apply decision making and problem-solving skills
- Understand and facilitate compliance with all state and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations
- Increase efficiencies through creativity, experimentation, and ideation
The successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Ability to influence others in decision making
- High energy and be driven by the opportunity to grow a new capability
- Motivated by a sense of urgency, a will to win, and a talent for training
- Effective communication/customer service skills and enjoy engaging with motor carriers over the phone
- Business minded with an attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Ability to build carrier relationships quickly in order to establish and maintain a strong carrier portfolio
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2+ experience in a Supply Chain, Logistics, Operations, OR a Sales related role
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word to write business correspondence, Excel for use of spreadsheets, reporting and simple formulas, and Outlook for internal and external correspondence
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with inside/outside sales
Who is KBX Logistics? KBX Logistics is the true transformer of the 3rd party logistics (3PL) industry. Waste is our enemy; status quo is our nemesis. Our mission? Create a competitive advantage for our partners by delivering logistics technology and solutions that others can’t or simply won’t. If disrupting an industry appeals to you, this company is where you belong. KBX Logistics is the product of over 100 years of evolution and revolution. We got our start as a small transportation team in 1919 and are currently one of the largest 3PLs in the US. With Koch Industries as our parent company, the challenge is to always be thinking bigger and better. We have more than doubled in size over the past 5 years and we’re just getting started!
What is it really like to work here? Imagine being a dynamic start-up with the resources of a top tier private company, all built on the solid foundation of a proven management philosophy. This perfectly describes KBX Logistics! Here, we know culture is key so Market-Based Management® is our North Star. Win or lose, we do it as a team. Each employee plays a pivotal role in our success and without their diverse ideas, challenges, and perspectives, we wouldn’t succeed. With change as the only constant, each of us is on a unique journey where no two career paths look the same. We empower our employees to realize their potential and hold each other accountable along the way. Life begins at the edge of your comfort zone. Are you ready to get started?
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.