Provide Environmental leadership and strategic direction to the Georgia-Pacific Palatka paper mill’s air program. Create real value for the organization by ensuring compliance is maintained and risk is identified and mitigated. Develop and align mill air strategies consistent with company/division environmental vision and strategies. Drive Environmental excellence and performance improvement through efficient, effective and sustainable management systems. Ensure leaders and employees are equipped to manage air responsibilities. This position reports to the Mill Environmental Manager.
The ideal candidate must be able to embrace and lead change, possess strong interpersonal skills and efficiently balance multiple priorities. The position requires strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of audiences. The successful candidate must also be self-directed, lead by example, be self-motivated, possess strong analytical skills, exhibit sound decision-making, and have proficient organizational skills.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Apply subject matter expertise and excellent communication skills to independently and objectively help operations identify and meet environmental compliance requirements and drive environmental excellence through continuous improvement
- Plan and lead assessments of programs to identify opportunities to improve performance
- Systematically drive mill environmental program to be more effective, consistent, verifiable, and efficient
- Identify, react to, and manage environmental air risks, priorities, key issues, and plans
- Lead compliance with requirements of various air regulations, including Title V, Greenhouse Gas, Boiler MACT, Paper and Other Web Coating MACT, and New Source Performance Standards (S and MM)
- Routine data/information management/analysis
- Routine report generation and submittal
- Develop, maintain, and enhance robust environmental management systems to comply with air permits and air regulations
- Manage continuous monitoring systems: continuous emission monitors (CEM), continuous opacity monitor (COM) quality assurance/quality control, maintain the data acquisition system (DAS), provide support to maintain CEM/COM reliability
- Manage the execution of annual stack testing program
- Assemble and submit minor air permit applications; provide support and/or manage consultants for major air permit application
- Review projects and changes with respect to permitting applicability and air regulatory compliance
- Develop and maintain working relationships with regulators
- Periodically rotate "on call" to provide environmental support to operations and review daily compliance status outside of regular business hours
- Proactively maintain knowledge of current and emerging federal, state, and local Environmental regulatory requirements affecting the facility
The Experience You Will Bring
- A Bachelor of Science degree or higher in Chemical, Environmental or other related Engineering or Science
- Knowledge of air regulations (such as: Title V, Greenhouse Gas, MACT, NSPS, and PSD) and experience in interpretation and application to a manufacturing facility
- Demonstrated experience in managing a successful Air Compliance Program, applying logic, analytical and problem-solving skills with industrial/manufacturing facilities
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in managing complex environmental issues in a large manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Florida environmental regulations
- Strong Excel skills: ability to program and use MACROs, creating graphs and perform advanced calculations
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf