Shift: 2nd Shift 2:30 pm to 11:00 pm
The Inspector-A Lead role is critical to the operation of our Assembly Department, ensuring quality products are being produced and shipped to our customers. This role works with the team to ensure customer specifications are being met, or exceeded, and that proper inspection plans are being followed.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Specific duties of this role include but are not limited to the following:
- Submissions: New setups, end of runs and in-process resubmits as required by the Inspection plan & other related documents.
- In-process Inspection as required by the Inspection plan & other related documents.
- Document dimensional, visual, gauging, and functional inspection results as required by the Inspection plan & other related documents.
- Terminate production if product does not meet quality standards as required by the Inspection plan & other related documents.
- Verify and contain suspect or non-conforming product/components from the production floor and Warehouse as needed.
- Use Internal Quality Notification Process for non-conforming or suspect product/components.
- Communicate & assist with production and or mechanics clearly and with detail the understanding of the quality problem or defect.
- Follow all Work Instruction and D-Pros as assigned.
- Enter Confirmations/Scrap in SAP and or other shop floor control systems.
- Verify and maintain count accuracy of product stock both in SAP and physically.
- Responsible for the notification, review and understanding of changes needing made to inspection plans or changes that have already been made to inspection plans or part print.
- Operate, maintain, and understand all inspection equipment for the department.
- Collect data and record process capability, gage potential studies, and SPC as needed.
- Lead and support part-time quality staff according to MBM principals.
- Write and conduct part-time Quality Staff Reviews according to MBM principals.
- Develop and maintain a ZERO Safety Incident & Zero Defects Culture at Molex according to MBM principals.
- Train employees.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED (external applicants)
- Two years inspection experience
- Experience working with spreadsheets and word processing
- Good communication skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate degree in a technical field, related to quality
- Knowledge of SPC and GD&T Principles
- Ability to read blue prints
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf