Senior Firmware Test Engineer
Sentient Energy (www.sentient-energy.com), a subsidiary of Koch Engineered Solutions (KES), has established itself as an electric utility industry leader with its uniquely capable “Grid Analytics System”, consisting of several intelligent sensor product lines and software packages, that expand the visibility into critical operating conditions on the electric power grid. Global utilities already spend billions annually on distribution automation products, with strong growth expected over the next 5 years as the industry prepares for a rapid increase in solar, electric vehicle and other renewables penetration. Sentient Energy is positioned to capitalize on this trend and be a leader in the most rapidly growing sector of the Smart Grid, while making the delivery of power more reliable, safer, lower cost, and much “greener”.
This position focuses on firmware testing and validation for all products developed by the Product Development department. As a Senior Firmware Test Engineer, you will work closely with all members of the Product Development team and will be in control of all aspects related to firmware testing and will be accountable for firmware accuracy and compliance.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop requirements/specifications-based test plans.
- Define and develop test automation.
- Oversee the testing of release candidate firmware builds.
- Provide detailed defect reports to Product Development department.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ years experience in firmware testing and automation
- 5+ years of work experience in system quality assurance
- Experience working in a Windows, Mac, or Linux environment
- Experience with automation processes for firmware development, debugging and release
- Experience with test equipment and software tools related to firmware testing and automation
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in setting up a systems quality assurance lab
- Experience with Python, Hiptest, Jira, and Confluence
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or related field
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf