Firmware Test Engineer
Sentient Energy (www.sentient-energy.com), a subsidiary of Koch Engineered Solutions (KES), has established itself as an electric utility industry leader with its uniquely capable “Grid Analytics System”, consisting of several intelligent sensor product lines and software packages, that expand the visibility into critical operating conditions on the electric power grid. Global utilities already spend billions annually on distribution automation products, with strong growth expected over the next 5 years as the industry prepares for a rapid increase in solar, electric vehicle and other renewables penetration. Sentient Energy is positioned to capitalize on this trend and be a leader in the most rapidly growing sector of the Smart Grid, while making the delivery of power more reliable, safer, lower cost, and much “greener”.
This position focuses on firmware testing and validation for all products developed by the Product Development department. As a Firmware Test Engineer, you will work closely with all members of the Product Development team and will be in control of all aspects related to firmware testing and will be accountable for firmware accuracy and compliance.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop requirements/specifications-based test plans.
- Define and develop test automation.
- Oversee the testing of incremental and release firmware builds.
- Provide detailed defect reports to firmware engineers.
- Work with Customer Support and System Quality Assurance departments to reconstruct defect scenarios for detailed analysis.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2+ years' experience in firmware testing and automation
- Experience with testing and automation processes for firmware development, debugging and release
- Experience with test equipment and software tools related to firmware testing and automation
- Experience with Windows, Mac, or Linux systems
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associates or bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or related field
- Experience with both Windows, Mac, and Linux systems
- Knowledge of Jira and Confluence
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf