Phillips-Medisize is seeking a Metrology Supervisor to provide necessary information needed to verify that tooling and parts meet or exceed customer requirements.Actively involved in the AQP process.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide direction and leadership to Metrology staff; including establishing clear objectives, managing performance, effective communication, fostering a team environment, talent acquisition, career development, and addressing disciplinary issues
- Develop inspection processes, work instructions, GR&R studies for component parts and assemblies and train inspectors
- Coordinate laboratory/incoming inspection activities in order to ensure customer requirements and production demands are met daily
- Carry out, maintain and document discipline
- Effectively work with all members of management and daily production staff across various shifts
- Organize and complete First Article layouts and Capability Studies
- Maintain laboratory systems, procedures, and policies to meet or exceed customer requirements
- May perform color studies, submission packages, geometric design and tolerance
- Perform MSA analysis and provide interpretation to engineering
- Verify compliance to engineering specifications
- Compile necessary paperwork, statistical process control (SPC) charts, raw material certs, and paint lab reports to complete certifications sent to the customer
- Perform raw materials testing, update SPC data, file and update color chips
- File all necessary certifications, reports, etc.
- Select, program and operate all measurement systems; able to run all software
- Identifies the appropriate measurement method
- Application of CAD data for concurrent engineering to speed up the First Article Inspection (FAI) process
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3+ years’ experience in Quality Control in a regulated environment (i.e. ISO 9001, ISO 13485, etc.)
- 3+ years’ experience managing, supervising, or leading people
- Advanced knowledge of metrology, statistics and blueprint reading
What Will Put You Ahead
- Technical degree in precision measurement or equivalent education and experience
- ASQ certification preferred
- Injection Molding experience
- Decision making and prioritization skills
- Basic math skills
- Ability to distinguish different colors
- Knowledge in use of precision measuring equipment (CMM’s, vision system, optical comparator, chatillon, hand tools)
- Expertise in statistical process control (SPC), attribute charting, X&R charts, process capability studies, pareto and cause/effect charts, DOE’s
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf