First Article Inspector
Phillips-Medisize is seeking a First Article Inspector on Third (3rd) Shift (11pm-7am) to provide support for validation activities and production processes.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Complete first article inspection per customer specifications and maintain appropriate records
- Responsible for measuring parts and reporting any findings to engineering for submission to customer in support of all validation activities or as otherwise requested
- Perform capabilities studies, gauge repeatability and reproducibility analysis, along with provide statistical reports reflecting process control, process capability and gauge repeatability
- Identifies the appropriate measurement method and creates measurement work instructions
- Verify tool changes and process dimensions after tool modifications
- Perform complete or partial dimensional layout on tooling, pad print tooling, inspection fixtures, and gauges
- Utilize appropriate statistic software as well as Microsoft software
- Understand and utilize geometric tolerancing
- Some programs may have vision requirements
- Perform Measurement System Analysis
- Perform Design of Experiments
- Provide training and support to Inspectors
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2+ years of inspection related experience in an ISO environment required
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Demonstrable working knowledge of CMM (coordinate measuring machine), Vision System and other precision measuring equipment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Technical degree in precision measurement or equivalent education and experience
- Ability to apply SPC (Statistical Process Control) and GD (Geometric Dimensioning) and T (Tolerancing)
- Ability to distinguish different colors
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf