Embedded Automation Developer
Bring your talent, skills and experiences to our team and help us to integrate our next generation of Industrial Automation Solutions and state of art technologies into our customer's systems, the key players in robotics and complex machine building markets.
In this position you will be working with a group of Embedded Developers, QA Engineers, and DevOps Team in Agile environment to achieve scalable and reliable test automation using latest technologies.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Helps in formulating the verification strategy for new and existing products
- Create, modify and debug test code to verify the development and integration of our new products within CI/CD Ecosystem
- Design and develop tests, software, hardware test fixtures, test data sets, and automation tools where required
- Write and implement test plans, test activities and report on testing performed
- Be proactive and adhere stringently to processes and deliver high levels of quality in a timely manner
- Communicate and collaborate with hardware, firmware, and software design engineers to solve cross-functional design issues
- Integrating software applications with new firmware platforms and control systems
- Support and improve tools for continuous build, automated testing and release management
- Continual improvement of the efficiency of our build/release/deploy process
- Discovering, specifying, installing, and maintaining new applications as needed
- Maintenance of license servers for compilers and other Engineering tools
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer engineering.
- Must have 3+ years of experience in automation development and/or testing.
- Understanding of test development and automation is required
- Ability to assemble, analyze and evaluate data and to be able to make appropriate and well-reasoned recommendations and decisions to the business stakeholders and team members is required
- Strong Object-Oriented Programming skills using Python, C/C++, C# is required
- Must have familiarity with virtualization technology (Docker, VMWare, Hyper-V, etc.)
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills are required
- Ability to travel to meet project requirements (occasional)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience using embedded systems, PC platforms, and lab test equipment
- Experience of continuous integration build systems (e.g. Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo)
- Familiarity with build and SCC tools desired (git/Bitbucket, Jenkins, Artifactory, Maven, Gradle)
- Experience with Bash, PowerShell or Python
- Experience with networking/wireless technologies and protocols (TCP/IP, 802.11)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and see projects through to completion very important
- Be creative and ‘think outside the box’ to arrive at solutions
- Strong written/verbal communication skills required to interface with developers and customers