Test Center Operations Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
John Zink Hamworthy Combustion is seeking an Operations Engineer to work in our Research and Development facility in Tulsa, OK. Our state-of-the-art test facility allows us to provide performance tests and demonstrations of our technologies such as burners, flares, and thermal oxidizers prior to shipping equipment to a client’s facility. In addition, the facility is utilized for new technology innovation and testing for the markets that we serve including international refining, petro-chemical, and power generation markets.
What You Will Do In Your Role
The John Zink R&D Test Facility operations group works to satisfy the needs of our customers and maintain operation of the facility to maintain the needed capabilities to accomplish this.
The primary responsibility of this role is the well-executed design and management of operation’s projects for the John Zink R&D Test Facility. These operations projects can include engineering and implementation for customer demonstrations and R&D projects, facility maintenance/improvement projects, general estimating and oversite of drawing preparation for facility projects. The role will provide an opportunity for the individual to creatively solve an array of engineering challenges related to each of the equipment areas within the facility as the test center is made up of various equipment types (i.e. furnaces, flare systems, thermal oxidizers, boilers, pumps, motors, facility utilities, etc.). The individual who fills this role will be heavily involved in the upfront engineering / design for each project, the execution of that project, and the installation and commissioning of the equipment. This role will also work closely and help to mentor the other members of the team and grow their skills.
A high expectation will be placed in this role to have a focused commitment to both EH&S and good quality engineering and fabrication practices. The individual will be expected to take ownership of their assigned projects in all aspects including design, schedule, budget, safety, quality, etc. with the support of other project disciplines (i.e. I&C engineering, structural engineering, QA/QC, EH&S, and drafting).
The John Zink R&D Test Facility is an exciting and ever-changing environment with a culture that places a high degree of emphasis on teamwork, safety, and quality.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Two+ years’ work experience managing project budgets, schedules, and equipment design.
- Knowledge of, and the ability to read P&IDs, mechanical equipment spec sheets, fabrication details, isometric drawings, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with Hazardous Operation (HAZOP) / Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) equipment design review.
- BS in Engineering
What Will Put You Ahead
- Five+ years’ work experience managing project budgets, schedules, equipment/piping design, equipment fabrication, and sub-contract labor / fabrication of equipment for the petrochemical / oil & gas industry.
- BS in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- One+ years’ work experience managing the installation and commissioning of industrial equipment.
- Knowledge of, and familiarity with good quality fabrication practices (i.e. ITPs, NDE, WPS / PQRs, Paint (NACE), etc.)
- Experience with process design / engineering for refinery and chemical processing equipment
- Process design experience of combustion systems (examples: furnaces, flares, thermal oxidizers, etc.)
- Test engineering experience
- Operations experience in a refinery type environment
- Process Control and Automation Experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.