This job posting is no longer active.
Georgia-Pacific's Building Products Division is looking for a Project Manager to join our team at our Atlanta, GA headquarters. The Project Manager is responsible for leading, organizing and motivating teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering projects that meet the business needs of our customer. Projects will vary depending on complexity and scope and may be managed using various methodologies including Agile (e.g. Scrum, Kanban), traditional waterfall, and hybrid project management methods. The Project Manager is responsible for managing multiple, concurrent high visibility projects in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business domains. These responsibilities include but are not limited to managing the project through initiation, planning, execution, closure and monitoring/controlling. The Project Manager will manage the scope, cost, issues, risks, communications, and stakeholder expectations for the project. They are to use effective leadership skills to lead teams and individuals at various levels and ensure project requirements are achieved.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Working with Business Analyst to ensure scope is well defined
- Meeting with technical teams to provide estimates for potential projects
- Negotiating with technical organizations for resources
- Developing detailed project plans
- Preparing for and facilitating project kickoff meetings
- Fulfilling the role of Scrum Master on a project
- Identifying and managing stakeholder expectations
- Monitoring the progress of the project and communicating progress to key stakeholders
- Leading teams to execute on the project plan and holding teams accountable for their commitments
- Balancing project scope, quality, schedule, resources, finances, and risk
- Working with members of the team to identify project management best practices and create tools, templates, and processes that enhance the performance of team
- Connecting with the business to develop and maintain strong working relationships, internalizing business strategies, and optimizing value capture while supporting digital transformation
- Working with the business and Business Analyst to define project vision and strategy
- Driving project deliverables by maintaining, executing, and evaluating project plans
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of the business processes and systems
- Identifying opportunities to leverage applications across the organization to minimize duplicate systems within the organization
- Collaborating with the business / QA to develop test plans, test scenarios, and test cases that will be used to ensure application changes meet business functional and non-functional requirements
- Working with the business to develop a Change Management strategy that will be used to improve the likelihood of end user adoption of new applications and major system changes
- Managing day-to-day communications with stakeholders
- Facilitating the resolution of obstacles that threaten the project and our partnership with our internal customers
- Keeping up with current trends by researching and experimenting with new technologies, tools and software products that may improve our project performance
- Participating in educational opportunities and professional organizations aligned with the IT organizational objectives and career objectives
- Sharing knowledge and experiences with members of the organization
- Teaching project management concepts
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ years of experience managing multiple and concurrent medium to large scale IT projects
- 2+ Experience working with a matrix organization
- 2+ Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Project and Portfolio Management tools
- 2+ Experience Agile/Scrum methods of managing projects
- 2+ Experience interacting with both business and IT stakeholders at all levels including executive level
- Bachelor's degree
What Will Put You Ahead
- PMP Certified
- Bachelor's degree in IT, MIS, Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience using Microsoft DevOps, Microsoft Office 365, and GitLab
- Certified Agile Practitioner (CSM, CSP, or PMI-ACP)
- Experience as a Business Analyst
- Experience working in a PMO
- Experience managing a project portfolio
- Experience with Supply Chain Planning
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.