Senior Reliability Engineer
Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies – Senior Reliability Engineer
At Genesis (GRMT), there is no such thing as a dull moment. The path we are on is full of excitement, energy, and exploring new frontiers. Picture having your own front row seat to the robotics revolution and the future of motion technologies. This is the journey Genesis has traveled since the company’s inception. In April 2018, Koch Industries acquired majority ownership of GRMT. As a part of the Koch Engineered Solutions group, GRMT is able to leverage the capabilities and strength of one of the world’s largest private companies.
We are looking for a Senior Reliability Engineer to join our Product Development Group. You will be accountable and responsible for improving and ensuring the reliability and durability of our products by working with all engineering platforms through all the phases of the product life cycle.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Support and improve Reliability Testing strategies suitable for each product line according to customer and internal design requirements. This includes Design Assessment Reliability Testing (HALT & Step-Stress), Quantitative High Accelerated Life Testing for Stress, Life Acceleration Factors Definition, Design for Reliability Testing, Durability Demonstration, Environmental Stress Screening, among others.
- Facilitate Design FMEA sessions and lead the development of this document in order to drive reliable design choices and improve validation test planning.
- Coordinate the development of P-Diagram and FMEAs required by each program.
- Support current reliability programs, providing all the critical reliability deliverables from Product Concept up to Production.
- Develop Reliability focused Analysis/Development/Validation Plan & Report (ADVP&R’s) for all programs.
- Initiate and coordinate Test Requests for reliability testing from ADVP&R.
- Support Product Development and Technology Development groups on Reliability Analysis needed across all product lines: Weibull, Monte Carlo simulations, life-stress relationship analysis.
- Lead the implementation of Reliability focused deliverables against the backdrop of project NPI/PDP.
- Assist on developing documentation related to Reliability processes (procedures, WRK's, training material, format templates, etc.).
- Collaborate closely with the Operations group to support Supplier Quality and Design teams to facilitate test and field failure resolution as part of the FRACAS system.
- Provide cross-business training and subject matter expertise on Reliability core tools and methods (Weibull, Accelerated Life Testing, SPC, FMEA, etc.).
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent.
- 10+ years of industry experience in a product reliability engineering role.
- Demonstratable experience with FMEA (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis) facilitation and development.
- Experience defining reliability tests, utilizing combined environments and mission profiling.
- Understanding of Reliability concepts such as Weibull parameters, Reliability and Confidence Levels, MTTR (Mean Time to Repair), MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures), Availability, and accelerated and useful life prediction calculations.
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Experience with rotating machinery ideal, preferably in electric motor and gear development.
- Familiar with ReliaSoft, Minitab, or similar Reliability software.
- Experience applying analytical, experimental, and statistical approaches to evaluate product design and manufacture quality/reliability levels.
- Knowledge of life-stress relationship models to design and analyze data from accelerated life tests.
- ASQ Certified Reliability Engineer.
Who is Genesis Robotics?
Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies develops and commercializes innovative actuation technologies, including electric motors and gears, for robotics and other end markets. Our core patented product is a high-torque direct drive robotic actuator – the LiveDrive™. The LiveDrive™, along with a growing portfolio of other motion technologies, will power the world’s fastest, safest, and most versatile robots.
Located in Langley, British Columbia, our rapidly growing team is currently made up of 100+ individuals with diverse skillsets: PhD engineers, designers, physicists, mathematicians, highly skilled machinists and fabricators, and business development and sales professionals.
As a part of the Koch family, we are able to leverage the capabilities and strength of one of the world’s largest private companies as we look to bring our technologies to the world.
Learn about the Humans of Genesis on our LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/genesis-robotics
See more at our website: http://www.genesis-robotics.com/
and on our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD5azmfUwUcfAvJn8jl1_eg