This job posting is no longer active.
Sentient Energy (www.sentient-energy.com), a subsidiary of Koch Engineered Solutions (KES), has established itself as an electric utility industry leader with its uniquely capable “Grid Analytics System”, consisting of several intelligent sensor product lines and software packages, that expand the visibility into critical operating conditions on the electric power grid. Global utilities already spend billions annually on distribution automation products, with strong growth expected over the next 5 years as the industry prepares for a rapid increase in solar, electric vehicle and other renewables penetration. Sentient Energy is positioned to capitalize on this trend and be a leader in the most rapidly growing sector of the Smart Grid, while making the delivery of power more reliable, safer, lower cost, and much “greener”.
Sentient Energy is looking to fill the role for of Project Manager position in our Customer Operations organization. This role will be responsible for the project scope, planning, management and delivery of customer projects for our energy sensing hardware and software products and solutions. The Project Manager will work with the Customer Success team and the customer to design and plan the required project to meet the objectives defined by the engagement between Sentient Energy and the Customer. Projects will include physical network design, communications system architecture, software configuration and integration, hardware configuration, shipping, deployment and commissioning. In addition to the focus on delivering project scope to our customers, the Project Manager will coordinate their activities with the Customer Success and Account Management organization to ensure customer expectations are exceeded.
What You Will Do In Your Role
The selected candidate will be responsible for planning, executing, and finalizing projects according to the project scope, timeline and budget agreed to and contracted with the customer. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle, starting with the project proposal process during the sales effort. Specific functions include:
- Define and document project scope, goals and deliverables that support customer contract objectives in collaboration with customer stakeholders
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communication documents
- Effectively communicate project expectations to project team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
- Develop project scope, project tasks, staffing and budgets necessary to delivery project as sold
- Determine and assess need for additional project staff and/or consultants and staff as needed through the project lifecycle
- Set and continually manage project expectations with Sentient Energy and Customer team members
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations
- Manage overall delivery quality between product engineering, manufacturing and delivery
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in technology project management, delivery manager, department/function manager, field deployment manager or solution manager role.
- 5+ years of experience working across organizations and geographies with experience interacting, influencing, and negotiating effectively across all levels of technical systems management.
- 2+ years of experience with hardware, communications, and software integrated solutions delivery
- 3+ years of demonstrable business management skills include qualitative and quantitative analytical skills, problem-solving skills, decision-making skills, interpersonal skills, and leadership qualities
- 2+ years of experience with project management software, such as Microsoft Project Server and Microsoft Project
- 1+ years of experience with business solutions, such as Document Management, CRMs, Business Web Technology etc.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems preferred
- Experience with cloud services from AWS, Azure, IBM Cloud Services preferred
- Technical understanding of overall electric operations systems, including electric power systems, distribution automation, and distributed control systems and communications
- Experience working in the Utility Industry with Utility Metering or Field Device Management and related software
- Effective communications skills ‐ speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Innovation and creativity of design and implementation
- A passion for alternative energy solutions and the application of advanced technologies for a better future
- Demonstrate passion for great people and engineers, and ability to lead strong teams to ambitious goals.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.