Lumber Trader - Southern Yellow Pine (open to remote)
Georgia-Pacific Building Products is looking for a Lumber Trader to manage the sales and delivery of lumber in support of the Southern Lumber business. This individual will work with little supervision and will focus on inventory, cost, and logistics in order to execute the best lumber sales strategy. This position is based at our corporate office in Atlanta, GA and will report to a Sales Director within our Lumber division.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Conduct business affairs both lawfully and with integrity. Proactively identify and manage risk so work is completed in a safe manner. Ensure excellence in environmental, safety, and all other compliance.
- Use financial tools to develop competitive analysis and strategies.
- Utilize available tools to increase work efficiency and to understand historical market data and key analysis to drive sales planning.
- Develop and grow key industry relationships to ensure flow of a quality product.
- Obtain buy-in from external agents.
- Forecast volume and cost for suppliers and manage performance.
- Administer contracts, communicate and follow-through with paperwork
- Develop market analyses, reports, and forecasts to allow informed business decisions across the lumber division.
- Actively work with all team members (logistics, operations, and customer service) to maximize sales volume, gross margin, and customer satisfaction.
- Will work extended work hours as needed
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree OR 4 years of Lumber Trading experience
- 2 years of sales experience
- Experience in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 10%
What Will Put You Ahead
- Southern Yellow Pine trading experience
- Experience working with data analysis and/or market trends
- Experience in mill sales, account management, or mill industry knowledge
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf