Koch Specialty Plant Services LLC has an opening for a PROJECT SCHEDULER to work in the area of Industrial Process Columns, Drums and Tanks. The assignment is located in Palatka, FL (which is about 45 miles from Jacksonville, FL) for about one year. The candidate will be required to live near and around the jobsite for the duration of the project. Per diem will be provided for those who meet requirements. This position for KSPS is partnering with Georgia Pacific and has primary duties consisting of creating, monitoring, and analyzing the project schedule in accordance with best practices around general mechanical work.
This role is not eligible for Sponsorship. Relocation assistance will not be provided.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Perform job site assessments to view the work areas
- Interface with contractors to verify work plans
- Develop, monitor, and maintain schedule for turnaround
- Develop detailed Gantt chart/schedule of shutdown and startup sequence
- Present/Lead schedule update meetings with Turnaround team
- Resource load/leveling activities within schedule
- Develop reporting formats per customer request
- Graphic representation of data such as progress curves, earned value, etc.
- Interact with all team members and contractors to assist with scope development, logistics and constraints
- Determine critical path items and communicate to turnaround team
- Provide schedule updates and analysis in meeting during execution
- Update schedule during execution to include scope changes
- Review drawings, customer requirements and specifications to develop work scope activities
- Use knowledge of best work practices and procedures to develop project execution strategy and identify task constraints
- Assess manpower requirements and determine estimated durations for the work activities
- Define “Division of Responsibilities” for project resources (manpower, equipment, support contractors, PPE, consumables, etc.…)
- Interface with contractors to verify work plans
- Support customer Turnaround Planner by providing work activities, activity durations and manpower for scheduled development
- Actively participate in a strong safety culture.
The position will require a self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented individual knowledgeable of equipment, processes and procedures for maintaining and repairing refinery process equipment.
The job will primarily be on or around construction/turnaround sites in petrochemical operational units and include possible hazardous environments such as confined spaces and working at heights. Exposure to loud noises, dust, dirt, irritants and smoke may occur. Special Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be necessary to control some hazardous environments. Additional forms of PPE may be required depending on the particular project. Safety requirements must be verified and meet standards set forth by client permits, policies and procedures, and be performed in compliance with all federal, state and local laws or ordinances before work activities can begin.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- 1+ year experience scheduling with Microsoft Projects or similar scheduling software
- 1 or more years of experience with industrial turnaround/construction work package development
- 3+ years or more of related industrial plant experience
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and demonstrated ability to develop scope of work and schedule
- One (1) or more years of practical experience working with business software such as MS Office, SAP, Oracle, etc.
- Familiarity with towers, drums, heat exchangers, valves and piping
- Candidates must be able to meet all company and customer qualifications to access job site including training requirements
What Will Put You Ahead
- 5+ years or more of related industrial plant experience
- 2+ years of turnaround planning/scheduling experience
- Past experience as a foreman or above
Koch Specialty Plant Services, Inc. (KSPS) is a world leader for providing tower, vessel, and mass transfer equipment services to the refining and chemical industry. We attained this leadership position by applying Market-Based Management®, our unique business philosophy that combines core values with a focused business approach. Integrity, compliance and customer focus are paramount to our success and KSPS' industry leading position as a specialty tower, vessel and mass transfer internals service provider has been solidified in the market place because, quite simply, ''We do what we say we can do''.
There are many ways to define value. For KSPS, meeting our commitments and exceeding customer expectations are key measures when it comes to quantifying the true value of a deliverable. Unlike anyone else, KSPS has the ability to integrate people, experience, discipline, knowledge, and our unique Market-Based Management business philosophy to deliver the best value proposition in the industry.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf