Koch Specialty Plant Services, LLC is currently seeking a TURNAROUND MANAGER to work at client sites in Palatka, Florida and Monticello, Mississippi.
Relocation Assistance will not be provided.
Role is not eligible for Sponsorship.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Manage the development of the turnaround plan with defined goals and objectives including safety, environmental, and quality performance.Ensure on time performance for all phases of the project.
- Develop task list for the outage, laying out pivotal dates, milestones, and areas of responsibility for the planning and execution team.Ensure that RC’s and planners code all planned work correctly.
- Be able to provide updates on current planned work, progress updates and cost management to client and GC. Partner with departmental schedulers to draft and implement a singular integrated schedule for the turnaround.
- Manage P1 and P3 milestones, and ensure deliverables are being met by department including accurate cost assessments
- Oversee planning process to ensure adequate cost estimates are provided by work order, and in a timely manner suitable to the overall plan.
- Partner with Accounting and Procurement to ensure each department is managing the budget as efficiently as possible, to include contract issuance and material management.
- Establish a scope collection cut-off date, as well as a Scope Freeze that allows adequate time for detailed planning.
- Vet all submittals after the Scope Freeze date with the Steering Team. Establish an effective process for adding/removing jobs after the Scope Freeze has been established.
- Oversee execution team for completion of startup/shutdown checklists during the shutdown.
The position will require a self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented individual knowledgeable of equipment, processes and procedures for maintaining and repairing pulp and paper process equipment.
- Candidates must be willing and able to work long hours and all shift schedules that may require up to twelve hours a day, seven days a week for extended durations
- Candidates also must be able to work in confined spaces and be capable of climbing ladders, scaffolds, and working at heights
- Must be able to perform work wearing personal protective equipment including but not limited to rain gear, chemical protective clothing, supplied air and air purifying respirators, safety harness, FRC coveralls, hard hat, ear plugs and safety glasses, etc.
- Respiratory Protection Fit-Testing and Pulmonary Function Testing is required. Additional medical examinations, such as Fitness for Duty exams are required
The job will primarily be on or around construction/turnaround sites in pulp and paper facilities and include possible hazardous environments such as confined spaces and working at heights. Exposure to loud noises, dust, dirt, irritants and smoke may occur. Special Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be necessary to control some hazardous environments. Additional forms of PPE may be required depending on the particular project. Safety requirements must be verified and meet standards set forth by client permits, policies and procedures, and be performed in compliance with all federal, state and local laws or ordinances before work activities can begin.
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 5 years of experience managing turnarounds or outages in a petrochemical facility
- Demonstrated success in a Turnaround Manager/Lead role
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Familiar with P6 and/or Microsoft Projects
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools, specifically MS Word, MS Outlook and MS Excel
- Candidates must be able to meet all company and customer qualifications to access job site including training requirements
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Engineering, Construction Management, or related program.
- Extensive knowledge of turnaround work & execution for all craft types utilized in a petrochemical facility or pulp and paper facility
- Knowledge of procurement, contracts, and engineering associated with Turnarounds
Koch Specialty Plant Services, Inc. (KSPS) is a world leader for providing tower, vessel, and mass transfer equipment services to the refining and chemical industry. We attained this leadership position by applying Market-Based Management®, our unique business philosophy that combines core values with a focused business approach. Integrity, compliance and customer focus are paramount to our success and KSPS' industry leading position as a specialty tower, vessel and mass transfer internals service provider has been solidified in the market place because, quite simply, ''We do what we say we can do''.
There are many ways to define value. For KSPS, meeting our commitments and exceeding customer expectations are key measures when it comes to quantifying the true value of a deliverable. Unlike anyone else, KSPS has the ability to integrate people, experience, discipline, knowledge, and our unique Market-Based Management business philosophy to deliver the best value proposition in the industry.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf