This job posting is no longer active.
GP Manufacturing Applications is looking for a DevOps Engineer to facilitate best practices in automation for the rapidly growing development team. This person will play a key role in the definition, implementation and ongoing improvement of DevOps practices for GP Manufacturing. Looking for an experienced candidate with the knowledge and aptitude to help refine and drive usage of processes and tooling as well as a willingness to challenge existing methodologies with the aim of full adoption of a best-in-class working model.This role has an outstanding opportunity to have a significant impact on driving the DevOps culture not just within GP Manufacturing IT, but across all of IT.
This role is open to candidates in the continental United States with a preference for the Atlanta metro area. The team is distributed across multiple states and an India with a mix of office and remote employees.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Build Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipelines for a diverse ecosystem of both greenfield and brownfield applications built on a mix of architectural platforms
- Work with Development Team on integrating automated unit tests into existing codebases on a risk-adjusted basis
- Define reference architectures for deployment patterns
- Document workflows and supporting diagrams for deployments
- Work with architects to define best practices for code management
- Define and implement application performance testing for critical applications
- Define and implement centralized monitoring/notifications of applications
Facilitate DevOps Transformation
- Be an advocate for DevOps values and principles within GP IT
- Coach development team members on technology and best practices
- Work with Scrum Master and architects on integrating code management and automated deployment technology and practices with work management practices for DevOps
- Work with team leadership on defining and prioritizing opportunities
- Work with representatives of other teams on driving a DevOps culture
- Provide feedback to vendors on tooling
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2+ years of experience designing and building automated deployment pipelines
- Strong knowledge of Amazon Web Services, particularly serverless components
- Familiarity with containerization technologies/platforms (Docker, Fargate, AWS ECS, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience working on Agile Scrum teams
- Experience writing automated unit tests
- Experience with Microsoft development tools/technologies (.NET, SQL Server, etc.)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT discipline
- Experience with Terraform for Infrastructure-as-Code deployments
- Amazon Web Services certification
- Experience with Azure DevOps CI/CD functionality
- Experience with GitLab CI/CD functionality
- Experience working within a manufacturing organization
- Experience working with distributed global teams
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This role is eligible for variable pay based on performance and other related factors. Variable pay may be issued as a monetary bonus or in another form.
Employees may be eligible to participate in our benefits programs which include: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts and health savings accounts, life insurance, AD&D, disability, retirement, paid vacation, paid parental leave and educational assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline.
For this position we anticipate paying $130,000 to $180,000 per year.
This job posting is no longer active.