Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Electrical and Instrumentation Maintenance Supervisor to support our Electrical and Instrumentation Maintenance Team at our Foley Cellulose facility in Perry, Florida. This position reports directly to the Maintenance Superintendent. The Electrical and Instrumentation Maintenance Supervisor will work with leaders from maintenance, operations and engineering to develop both short-term and long-term maintenance strategies to ensure the safety, reliability and performance of maintenance area equipment while providing leadership, coaching and direction for 18-20 Mechanical Maintenance Technicians.
The Foley mill, which has been in operation since 1954, has the capability to produce over 460,000 tons of Dissolving, Specialty and Fluff cellulose each year. Our fluff pulp is delivered to customers worldwide for a variety of high-end uses & converting technologies, including clothing, tires, shampoo, diapers, filters & towels. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific’s Cellulose and Packaging Business, check out the links below:
Perry, Florida is approximately 50 miles outside of Tallahassee - Florida’s state capitol and home to Florida State and Florida A&M Universities! You also are within a short driving distance of several beautiful sand beaches of the Gulf Coast and can venture out to St. George’s Island for some fresh seafood and boating!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Responsible for the performance and development of Electrical and Instrumentation maintenance team by demonstrating strong leadership skills and habits of “best practice”.
- Managing and development of weekly schedules for Electrical and Instrumentation maintenance crafts from planned work provided.
- Managing Electrical and Instrumentation maintenance resources and work orders, giving priorities to Safety Work Orders and PM’s.
- Investigating injuries and ensure an incident reports and RCA’s are completed with follow through
- Using economic thinking to fill necessary resource gaps.
- Exhibiting strong leadership skills to motivate and develop a team of hourly employees to continuously improve performance of the individual employees and overall business.
- Work with and communicate with outside resources: OEM representatives, vendors, contractors, service companies to help resolve liabilities
- Fostering and developing culture based on our Market Based Management (MBM®)Philosophy
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience leading improvement efforts in reliability, predictive and preventative maintenance
- A minimum of 3 years industrial electrical or instrumentation maintenance experience
- A minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) – Passport preferred
- Experience in Pulp & Paper Industry
- Experience leading root cause failure analysis
- Experience implementing precision maintenance techniques to improve equipment reliability
- Experience with repairing/troubleshooting equipment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf