Account Sales Representative
The Corrugated Packaging segment Account Representative will support business objectives by deepening relationships with existing customers and by identifying and establishing relationships with new customers in Northern California covering Salinas, CA down to Yuma and up into the Central Valley (Sacramento, CA to Bakersfield, CA).
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Researching, identifying and cold calling potential clients
- Servicing day-to-day needs of key local and national accounts
- Maintaining local relationships for key local and national accounts
- Managing assigned accounts and prospects to determine business needs.
- Develop decision maker relationships and generate new business growth within accounts
- Liaising between assigned accounts and GP customer service, quality, production, accounting and shipping departments
- Creating value as measured by revenue growth in both new and in existing accounts
- Identifying customer specific solutions and drive implementation through existing sales channels.
- Selling a value-added portfolio of products employing a consultative, problem-solving approach
- Working independently against a variety of objectives using time management skills to meet and exceed internal/external customer expectations
- Viewing problems, issues and needs from a customer's perspective; incorporating creative problem-solving techniques to identify appropriate solutions
- Maintaining consistently updated customer activity reports/files via CRM
- Travel to customer locations regularly for sales, account maintenance, inventory, new projects and special initiatives
- Travel to GP's manufacturing plants, Yards and Mechanical Packaging Group as necessary to grow sales.
- Work with cross-functional teams to define key account strategies, including needs assessment, product development and innovation, operational excellence and internal asset strategy
The Experience You Will Bring
- Must be able to travel locally more than 65% of the time
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word (to write business correspondence), Excel (for use of spreadsheets, reporting, simple formulas) PowerPoint (presentation prep and delivery), Outlook (for internal and external correspondence) and Microsoft Teams
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 3 years of selling experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- Corrugated/packaging Sales experience in the Agricultural industry
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish)
- Current residence within sales territory (Salinas to Central Valley)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf