Injection Molding Process Engineer
SRG Global OVERVIEW:SRG Global Inc., a Guardian company, is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of chrome plated plastic parts for the automotive, commercial truck and household appliance industries with a manufacturing presence in major world markets including North America, Western and Central Europe and China.The company is headquartered near Detroit in Troy, Michigan. Learn more about us at www.srgglobal.com.
The Engineering Department at SRG Global headquarters in Southern Troy, Michigan is searching for an engineering professional with a passion for driving continuous improvement in process efficiency and effectiveness.
The Injection Molding Process Engineer position will be highly interfaced with the SRG Global team. The position will require values and beliefs consistent with the company culture, along with the expected knowledge and skills. This key position is a hands-on position starting from Mold flow analysis, through Tool trials at both Tool shops and the Advance Development Center (Taylor Mi) onto Plant trials and acceptance (AAR) – “Cradle to Grave”
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Interact with the Manufacture to determine Production expectations of Molding process and Tools
- Support the Manufacturer through the life of the program – MFA to Plant acceptance
- Support internal Product Design Group. – Assist PDE with Product design that are feasible related to molding of the part
- Generate open issues (ITS) with resolutions and maintain open correspondence to cross functional team.
- Responsible for attending and directing mold trial robustness activity before shipment of tool to plant both Virtual and In-person attendance
- Establish a Molding Process that will meet or exceed quality expectations for both appearance and dimensional
- Required knowledge of RJG and scientific molding.
- An interactive lead of the Moldlfow analysis process – Be able to give direction on gating, material rheology and press qualifications
- Interact closely with the program team which includes Product Design, Advance Development, Program Management, and Plant
- Direct communication to Moldflow Analysis for correlation.
- Maintain all paperwork and digital inputs for each tool/part process
- On-Site Plant Support where needed.
- Will be required to trouble shoot issues by use of DOE and other root cause or black belt methods.
- Will be available at both Tool shop, Advance Development Center, and SRG Plants establishing direction for molding processes.
- Frequent travel to Tool Shops, customer facilities and SRG Plant will be required (30% out of State).
- Some International travel will be required and a valid passport is required.
The Experience You Will Bring
Education and Training
- Associates Degree, Journeyman certificate or BS in Engineering preferred but not limited to.
- 5-10 years’ experience in Injection Mold processing in a Manufacturing environment.
- Master Molder training through RJG or equivalent
- Strong tooling design and manufacturing of tools competencies
- Experience working with Automotive OEM and large Tier I customers is a Plus.
- Decorative exterior trim experience is a plus.
- Strong understanding of Moldlfow
- Scientific Molding understanding
- Injection Mold Machine process experience in profiling, sequential valve gates, end of arm tooling, and robot extraction.
- Material Knowledge in ABS, ABS/PC, ACRYLIC, ASA, ASA/PC, TPO’s, PA6, PA6-GF
- 6 Sigma understanding a plus
- GD & T understanding
- DOE experience
- CAD experience preferred
- Well organized project management skills
- Strong verbal, written and graphic communication skills
- The use of Microsoft Office software – Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf