Are you an experienced Controls Engineer seeking an opportunity to grow and be rewarded for your performance? If so, Flint Hills Resources (FHR) has career opportunities for you in our refining business and we are looking for great people to grow with us. If you are looking for a way to accelerate your career and be part of an industry leading company, this may be the opportunity for you!
The Controls Engineer role will evaluate, prioritize, develop and implement basic and advanced regulatory control schemes to support the Safety, Environmental, Compliance, and Production goals of the Flint Hills Resources - Pine Bend Refinery. The successful candidate will work closely with refinery business and operations teams to identify and prioritize opportunities for improved control of process systems.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Explore process control concepts and technologies that may provide a competitive advantage to the refinery.
- Work with new and changing organizations within the company to leverage new tools, methods, and ideas to create the greatest value versus the alternatives.
- Troubleshoot existing process control schemes and strategies.
- Recommend logic, tuning, or field instrumentation modifications.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for logic acceptance testing.
- Develop, program, test, and deploy DCS logic per control systems specs and standards via the MOC and Work Order processes.
- Support diverse project teams of Process Leads, Operating Engineers, and Business Leaders with process control solutions and monitoring tools to improve control system availability, performance, and reliability.
- Demonstrate critical, economic thinking with strong written and verbal communication.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3 + years engineering work experience in an industrial setting
- 2 + years controls engineering experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- 5+ years Control Systems Engineering work experience in refining or petrochemicals with emphasis on Emerson DeltaV distributed control systems (DCS).
- 5+ years Process Engineering work experience in refining or petrochemicals
- BS in Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with implementation of State-Based Control
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf