KBX Logistics is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team! The role will be part of a team of engineers that are responsible for enhancing existing applications and for building applications using modern microservices architecture techniques. Responsibilities include implementing solutions that are secure, support best practices, embrace CI/CD, and scalable. We are seeking an individual that possesses strong collaboration within the immediate IT team as well as the business teams within KBX Logistics.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work independently, or within the construct of a product team, to understand customer and business requirements to deliver creative solutions which meet or exceed those business needs.
- Execution of this role will involve both the deployment of standardized product offerings and the creation of new solutions and services as required to meet customer needs.
- Coordinate with peers in leading the effort to develop and/or refine processes which optimize the delivery of Cloud solutions and create value for KBXL and its customers.
- Maintain awareness of emerging cloud-based industry trends and technologies which may create value.
- Produce documentation to support solutions that you have developed in order to aid in support of the solution.
- Developing a full stack microservice solution(s) including API’s, queue processing, and database interaction.
- Performing analysis and development of backend processing and Web-based front-end applications.
- Working with a team of engineers and analysts through discovery, delivery, and support of new platforms that are focused on the transformation of our transportation management systems
- Ensuring delivery of technical solutions that meet the business outcomes, consistent with software development standards and best practices for a service-oriented architecture
- Develop, test and deploy solutions based on requirements.
Document changes based on solutions deployed.
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 4-7 years of experience as a programmer/analyst, developing and supporting applications.
- Understanding of different architecture methodologies (Monolithic vs. Microservices)
- Previous hands-on code development experience in full stack applications
Windows Operating System (1+ Years)
TFS/VSTS/Azure Devops, CI/CD (1+ Years)
TFVC & Git repository formats
Creating & working with Work Items
SQL Server Management Studio (1+ years)
Fiddler, SoapUI, or equivalent tool (1+ years)
Visual Studio 2017+ (1+ Years)
- Web services/api development
- NuGet Packages (6+ months)
- Website Development
Developing ASP.NET Web Forms
ASP.NET MVC (2+ Years)
Angular Version 2+
NgRx Store (Redux pattern)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Degree in Computer Science/MIS, Engineering, or equivalent
- Cloud Computing; necessary for Gen2
- Containerization and Virtualization
- Infrastructure as Code (Helm Charts, YAML, CloudFormation, or similar tools)
- AWS technology stack
- EC2 Instances & Volumes, S3 Buckets, IAM Policies
- Visual Basic .NET
- General Queuing Technologies (RabbitMQ\Apache-Kafka) experience\principles
- Docker Experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf