This job posting is no longer active.
This individual will review specific customer contract types as directed by the Contract Manager and Corporate Legal. The Contract Analyst will ensure terms and conditions are reviewed, understood and accepted by the appropriate Molex business units, functional areas and product divisions following the preferred and authorized deviation principles as set forth in the Global Contracting Manual. Review of the terms and conditions through the Contract review procedure is important to Molex to ensure proper management of costs and to make risk adjusted decisions. It is also important that we are entering into profitable business and minimizing potential financial risks to Molex.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Review customer contracts from a legal and business perspective per the Global Contracting Manual as directed by management for the assigned contract types.
- Review and escalate unique contract terms to Corporate Legal and Global Contract Administration Manager if contract cannot be closed after two rounds of negotiations.
- Where required, prepare summaries and highlight areas of risk for management, including Finance, Division Vice Presidents, Sales Management, Quality. Also, provides recommendations for modifications to minimize potential risk to Molex.
- Work with communicate, and present information to :
- Sales, Sales Management, Customer Service, Product Divisions on all contracts keeping them updated on any open issues, status, what was negotiated etc. Also, work with Customers to reach mutual agreement on Contracts.
- Various departments including manufacturing, product marketing, logistics and quality during the review process of a contract to get approvals on customer requirements.
- Consult with Finance as needed for approval of assigned contracts.
- Collaboration with Corporate Legal to review contracts per the guidelines in the Contracting Manual.
- Prepare red lined documents of agreements received with all Molex comments from affected functional areas, legal, business units and product division within the committed time frame. Submit completed contract to designated signers for review and signature.
- Set up and participate on conference calls with Customers to negotiate contracts and explain the company’s position on contract terms
- Participate in Quarterly Global Contracts Meetings as directed for training, global and regional updates. Provide input on procedures and testing of systems to support global implementation with focus on regional requirements.
- Utilize the Ariba Contract Management System to document the lifecycle of a contract from request through signing of the agreement. Extract data from contracts for the Global Contract Database. .
- Maintain correspondence and documentation related to contracts in the Ariba Contract Management System.
- Keep individual review queue up to date.
- Understand, support and contribute to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), MBM Principles, Lean Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
Skills and Abilities:
- Above average working Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Office, Excel, Adobe 7.0 pdf Writer.
- Strong interpersonal skills to create and maintain relationships with internal teams and external customers .
- Solid, demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Demonstrate a commitment to change, improvement and transformation.
- Strong communication skills which include being able to write language and articulate the company’s position on contract terms effectively.
- Legal understanding of contract terminology and use of language.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multi task in order to act with sense of urgency to meet deadlines.
- Ability to respectfully challenge and hold others accountable.
- Willingness to learn Molex business processes and how they relate to review and identifying risk within contracts.
- High level problem solving and analytical skills, including having an innovative mindset.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Monitor contract requirements to ensure company compliance with contractual obligations.
- High energy, process-driven.
- Must adhere to ethical standards of confidentiality, as well as follow guidance for review content as set forth in Global Terms Guidelines.
- Escalate provisions outside of Global Guidelines to Management as directed.
- Able to employ sustained focus on analytical and data entry tasks in contract review.
The Experience You Will Bring
- A Bachelor's degree in business or related area Finance or other related experience as determined by management
- 3 years experience working with Contract Review and or Contract Administration Experience reviewing sales or procurement contracts in a multi national corporation.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Paralegal Certification with 2 - 3 years’ experience in the legal industry focused on commercial contract review and administration
- 5 years experience working with Commercial Contract Review (focus on sales, but procurement background may be applicable) and or Contract Administration Experience reviewing contracts in a multi national corporation.
- Knowledge of SAP, Ariba Contract Management. DocuSign, BW reporting, Salesforce.
- Experience with contract drafting and negotiation.
- Ability to understand the financial aspects of contracts and other business arrangements.
- Ability to contribute to negotiation strategy and lead negotiation.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.