Sr. Product Manager
The Sr. Product Manager within the Building Products division will lead the execution of product strategies for Georgia-Pacific gypsum, wood, and adjacent products. The successful candidate will assist in the development and implementation of business programs to improve the preference for GP building products in the marketplace while also improving the financial performance of the business.
What You Will Do In Your Role
·Develops and executes product strategies for assigned product lines. Includes full life cycle ownership from existing product performance, to new product inception, thorough new product commercialization.
·Leverages results from market research, competitive analysis etc. to develop market based insights
·Drives project plans with supporting financials, manages a challenge process and drives execution of projects
·Represents the “voice of the customer” in internal decision making
·Leverages knowledge to provide on-going product support for the product lines including market demand, competitive analysis, changes in market/competitive trends, changes in code approvals, etc.
·Provides point of view development on sustainability, changes in building codes etc.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities:
- Strong communication, planning, financial and organizational skills; ability to manage multiple priorities; influence and gain support from peers and leaders in multiple areas of the organization
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Sense of urgency, customer focus and developing relationships; understands how to work with sales
- Comfortable working with key leadership, marketing, technical and innovation teams to drive profitable category growth
- Ability to manage multiple priorities; influence and gain support from peers and leaders in multiple areas of the organization
The Experience You Will Bring
·Bachelor’s degree or higher
·At least five (5) years of experience in Product Management of physical/durable goods, Product Marketing, Business Operations, and/or Business Development
·Strong communication and presentation skills
·Strong analytical skills
·Must be able to travel approximately 25%
What Will Put You Ahead
·Knowledge of building science, commercial construction practices, codes, and standards
·Graduate level degree/MBA
·Knowledge of category management (branding, supply chain, manufacturing, pricing, marketing and sales)
·Experience working in a matrix organization
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf