Sr Engineer, Supplier Quality
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Realized supplier category in the evaluation and qualification of new supplier materials following a defined new product development process.
- Deploy and update the supplier audit progress via GSQ Portal and schedule. Meantime, drive process standardization, waste elimination, and continuous improvement.
- Execute Supplier Risk Based Qualification Process (Best Practice Questionnaire and PFMEA), Supplier Quality System Assessments and then Record the Results into the Global Supplier Quality Audit Share Point Site.
- Execute Training for the Development of Cross Trained Back-Up Personnel in Your Region Whom Can Perform Competent Commodity Specific Risk Based Process Assessments within Material Group 201.
- Monitor the Performance (Score Card, Quality Notification Data, Defect Type Analysis) of the Suppliers within Material Group 201. Participate in Business Performance Reviews Led by the Procurement Category Managers with the Suppliers within Material Group 201 Participate in Category Business Teams Led by the Procurement Category Managers within Material Group 201
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise as a Participant in Any Collaborative Supplier Development Opportunities as Initiated by Our Supplier Development Team and Any Continuous Improvement Projects with the Suppliers within Material Group 201
- Lead Global Containment, Quality Alert and the Problem-Solving Process for High Severity L3 and L4 QNs Issued to Suppliers within Material Group 201.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree,5 Years plus experience in global supplier management related functions.
- In-depth understanding quality system in ISO9001,IATF16949 knowledge. VDA6.3 auditor is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Quality tools, such as PPAP,FMEA,SPC,MSA,APQP,CP,8Ds etc.
- Good understanding on GD&T and problem solving tools (6 sigma will be a plus).
- Could independently handle the supplier quality issue and could develop/coach the supplier to meet supplier management manual requirement.
- Could independently conduct second part audit for molding/rubber supplier.
- Able to travel to suppliers in South China area (60%) and East China area (20%).