Embedded Electrical Engineer
OnPoint is seeking an Embedded Electrical Engineer to join the hardware product team at our facility in Louisville, Colorado. This team is working to build state-of-the-art IoT embedded devices for monitoring and controlling industrial systems. This role will support new product development and current product production. The primary responsibilities will be leading the electrical hardware design for our embedded products. This individual will be responsible for concept design, board level component specification, board layouts, development, testing, product certification, and introduction into production.You will be joining the ground level of a new team within a large organization dedicated to developing IoT devices that drive the latest technologies in the industry.
Our engineering team is focused on building products for customers within existing Koch product channels in order to enhance and transform industrial sensor architectures. This is a high-impact/high-visibility position requiring a holistic engineering approach, teamwork and outstanding communication skills. You should have a broad technical skillset with the ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders including multiple engineering disciplines, commercial/sales, manufacturing, and R&D. The successful candidate will work well in a collaborative and supportive environment and will provide quality documented work.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Analog Circuit Design (e.g. filters, isolation amplifiers, I/O circuitry)
- Digital Design (e.g. watchdogs, voltage monitoring)
- Power Electronics (e.g. power supplies, buck converters, switching regulators, and batteries)
- Schematic capture, component selection, and PCB layout heavy emphasis on analog design
- Design EMC/EMI/RF compliance and applicable standards (radiofrequency, electromagnetic)
- Implement wireless communication hardware (wireless, Bluetooth, etc.)
- Prepare documentation and conduct system and circuit-level design reviews
- Produce and evaluate concept designs using outlined design requirements while assisting in the development of product design specifications
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related degree/work experience
- Experience testing & debugging new and legacy designs
- Experience with signal generators, oscilloscopes, and spectrum analyzers for board bring up
- Experience with schematic capture/PCB layout software (DX Designer, PADS, Altium, etc.)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- Experience in IoT Embedded System board development for industrial sensors
- Mixed-signal/analog design experience with at least 3 full-mask chips tape out
- Product certification experience for hazardous locations
- Experience with Optics or Spectroscopy
- Knowledge of industrial network protocols such as MODBUS, Profibus, EthernetIP, etc.
- Experience with CAD package such as AutoCAD or SolidWorks
- Industrial controls or sensor design
- Experience with FPGA circuitry design, signal processing, and coding
- Knowledge of C code to assist in board bring up and testing
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf