Mechanical Drafter / Detailer
Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies - Mechanical Drafter / Detailer
At Genesis (GRMT), there is no such thing as a dull moment. The path we are on is full of excitement, energy, and exploring new frontiers. Picture having your own front row seat to the robotics revolution and the future of motion technologies. This is the journey Genesis has traveled since the company’s inception. In April 2018, Koch Industries acquired majority ownership of GRMT. As a part of the Koch Engineered Solutions group, GRMT is able to leverage the capabilities and strength of one of the world’s largest private companies.
We are looking for a Mechanical Drafter / Detailer to join our newly formed Product Definition Team. You will perform the preliminary creation of 2D mechanical drawings and assemblies for use by the Engineering and Production teams. These drawings will be created from either existing Engineering developed 3D models, or existing Engineering or Production drawings. You will also assist in the creation of mechanical fixtures for Test Engineering & Operations. You will work under the leadership and mentorship of the Lead Mechanical Engineer for the Product Definition Team.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Create 2D drawings and assemblies for the production team either from existing engineering drawings, 3D model-based definitions, or sketches.
- Create new fixture designs and modify existing systems, through both the use of standard equipment and design of non-standard hardware.
- Implement NCR and ECO actions, prepare drawings sets for Engineering and Production review.
- Prepare drawings that will be utilized for procurement, both Make and Buy.
- Participate in design review meetings.
- Utilize your strong practical understanding of GD&T.
- Collaborate directly with Engineering and Production teams.
The Experience You Will Bring
- College diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology or equivalent.
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience (e.g. 3D printing, robotics, automation, machine tools) at low to medium volume production.
- Proficient with SolidWorks design tools and PDM systems.
- Strong practical understanding of GD&T.
- Demonstratable experience with the full product development lifecycle.
- Skilled in reading, interpreting, and using related documents and drawings prepared by others.
- Able to identify and report design related issues.
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Experience with rotating machinery, preferably electric motor or gear development.
Who is Genesis Robotics?
Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies develops and commercializes innovative actuation technologies, including electric motors and gears, for robotics and other end markets. Our core patented product is a high-torque direct drive robotic actuator – the LiveDrive™. The LiveDrive™, along with a growing portfolio of other motion technologies, will power the world’s fastest, safest, and most versatile robots.
Located in Langley, British Columbia, our rapidly growing team is currently made up of 100+ individuals with diverse skillsets: PhD engineers, designers, physicists, mathematicians, highly skilled machinists and fabricators, and business development and sales professionals.
As a part of the Koch family, we are able to leverage the capabilities and strength of one of the world’s largest private companies as we look to bring our technologies to the world.
Learn about the Humans of Genesis on our LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/genesis-robotics
See more at our website: http://www.genesis-robotics.com/
and on our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD5azmfUwUcfAvJn8jl1_eg