This job posting is no longer active.
Koch Specialty Plant Services LLC has an opening for an OUTAGE PLANNER to work in Pulp & Paper manufacturing facilities. This position for KSPS will consist of working at multiple locations across the south east with primary duties consisting of detailed plan development of assigned work scope, generally involving boiler repairs, pressure vessel modifications, paper machine repairs, and mechanical work including heat exchangers, valves and piping.
This role is not eligible for Sponsorship. Relocation assistance will not be provided.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Perform job site assessments to view the work areas
- Review drawings, customer requirements and specifications to develop work scope activities
- Use knowledge of best work practices and procedures to develop project execution strategy and identify task constraints
- Assess manpower requirements and determine estimated durations for the work activities
- Define “Division Of Responsibilities” for project resources (manpower, equipment, support contractors, PPE, consumables, etc.…)
- Develop and compile Job Packages for field execution team, containing drawings, work scope, safety plans, etc.
- Assess and determine construction equipment needs
- Interface with contractors to verify work plans, scopes, manpower, estimates, etc.
- Work with scheduler to tie logic to activities & identify critical path jobs.
The position will require a self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented individual knowledgeable of equipment, processes and procedures for maintaining and repairing pulp & paper process equipment.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience with industrial mill outage/construction work package development to accomplish documentation requirements
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and utilize them to develop scope of work and schedule
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools, specifically MS Word, MS Outlook and MS Excel
- Familiarity with boiler, mass transfer equipment, heat exchangers, valves and piping
- Candidates must be able to meet all company and customer qualifications to access job site including training requirements
What Will Put You Ahead
- 5+ years or more of related pulp & paper or industrial plant experience
- Strong knowledge of Best Practices and Procedures for Boilers, Installation of Mass Transfer Equipment, heat exchangers, valves and piping
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Projects or similar planning software
- Working knowledge of Lifting/Rigging procedures
- Candidates must be willing and able to work long hours and all shift schedules that may require up to twelve hours a day, seven days a week for extended durations
- Candidates also must be able to work in confined spaces and be capable of climbing ladders, scaffolds, and working at heights
- Must be able to perform work wearing personal protective equipment including but not limited to rain gear, chemical protective clothing, supplied air and air purifying respirators, safety harness, FRC coveralls, hard hat, ear plugs and safety glasses, etc.
- Respiratory Protection Fit-Testing and Pulmonary Function Testing is required. Additional medical examinations, such as Fitness for Duty exams are required
The job will primarily be on or around construction/outage sites in pulp & paper operational units and include possible hazardous environments such as confined spaces and working at heights. Exposure to loud noises, dust, dirt, irritants and smoke may occur. Special Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be necessary to control some hazardous environments. Additional forms of PPE may be required depending on the particular project. Safety requirements must be verified and meet standards set forth by client permits, policies and procedures, and be performed in compliance with all federal, state and local laws or ordinances before work activities can begin.
Koch Specialty Plant Services, Inc. (KSPS) is a world leader for providing tower, vessel, and mass transfer equipment services to the refining and chemical industry. We attained this leadership position by applying Market-Based Management®, our unique business philosophy that combines core values with a focused business approach. Integrity, compliance and customer focus are paramount to our success and KSPS' industry leading position as a specialty tower, vessel and mass transfer internals service provider has been solidified in the market place because, quite simply, ''We do what we say we can do''.
There are many ways to define value. For KSPS, meeting our commitments and exceeding customer expectations are key measures when it comes to quantifying the true value of a deliverable. Unlike anyone else, KSPS has the ability to integrate people, experience, discipline, knowledge, and our unique Market-Based Management business philosophy to deliver the best value proposition in the industry.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.