The Georgia-Pacific, LLC OSB facility in Alcolu, SC is currently seeking a Maintenance Manager. The Maintenance Manager is responsible for planning, directing, and guiding the business goals, plans, and processes for the maintenance department. This leader will use knowledge to develop and carry out objectives, solve problems, and be able to respond to short-term as well as long term department and mill goals.
What You Will Do In Your Role
The successful candidate will provide leadership and direction to the maintenance department to ensure that the mill’s maintenance is meeting the objectives in safety, quality, cost and customer service. The candidate will lead and support preventative maintenance programs, and provide technical support for troubleshooting, to minimize downtime and maximize process efficiencies.
- Safety Leadership – Accountable for the safety performance of the maintenance area while promoting personal accountability for working safely and addressing safety concerns in all areas of the mill.
- Asset Maintenance – Develop and implement maintenance and improvement strategies while managing within the allotted goals and budgets.
- Help employees understand who their customers are and how their work directly impacts spending and mill profits/loses.
- Business Leadership – Ensure use of the Reliability Mental Model
- Demonstrate results by working effectively with other mill leaders and resources to improve year over year results.
- Meets regularly with direct reports, and other maintenance team members to increase knowledge and improve skills.
- Business Culture – Embrace the direction of the company’s way of doing business (Market Based Management) and help continue to change the culture through tools, and processes available.
The Experience You Will Bring
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a maintenance field in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- A minimum of 5 years of supervisory/management experience
- Basic financial and statistical knowledge
- Experience using MS Office (MS Word: creating, editing, formatting documents, preparing reports and tables MS Excel: creating, modifying spreadsheets, using functions, filters, graphs to analyze data)
- Able to read mechanical, structural and electrical drawings
- Experience in leading improvement efforts in Maintenance Reliability, and Predictive and Preventive Maintenance
- Experience utilizing Root Cause Analysis (RCA) or other similar problem-solving tools
- A broad knowledge of mechanical and electrical machinery.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in an accredited academic program
- Knowledgeable in the areas of PLC’s, conveyor systems, breakers, boilers, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Experience in welding, machining, industrial design, and equipment rigging
- OSB or wood products manufacturing knowledge
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf