Business Development Manager
To increase revenue, market share and manage profitability, as part of the RFMS Business Unit, within Datacom & Specialty Solutions Division. Responsible for developing business plans, product solutions and driving sales and customers to reach the expected growth levels of the business.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Manages all strategic activities within assigned core accounts and territory. Works with other areas of the organization to provide technical, sales, quality, and service support as needed. Keeps the organization informed of trends, opportunities, and needs at specific accounts and key markets.
- Works closely with Molex Sales Engineers globally, to include training, joint account sales calls, lead generation, technical support, and key account follow up.
- Develops and/or implements strategic business plans to achieve key revenue, share, and profit goals for assigned markets.
- Conducts research to analyze competitive position, market trends, and technological direction at customers.
- Services customers by identifying current and future needs, building relationships, promoting products and technologies. Works with other departments to solve problems as they relate to pricing, delivery and quality.
- Prepares reports and tracking documents relative to meeting performance goals, forecasting revenue and profit results, forecasts, status reports, identifying new opportunities, and implementing programs.(Includes monthly reports on travel and major opportunities and weekly reports summarizing account calls.
- In conjunction with Sales, ensures the necessary programs are added to the RFBU CRM pipeline to meet business goals and objectives.
- Serves as expert in areas of technology, product needs, market segments, and business processes. Holds product seminars, creates presentations, provides training and/or technical support, attends trade shows and coordinates control and communication documentation.
- Identifies new product applications and opportunities in the markets or customer segments. Works with accounts to identify new future products and supports/sponsors the development of these new products at the entities.
- Assists and/or coordinates the preparation of technical support documentation, product promotion materials, qualification and testing documents necessary to meet customer or program needs, objectives and goals.
- Understand, support and contribute to Molex TQM and Quality/Environmental Management Systems by following approved policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
The Experience You Will Bring
- BS Degree in Business or technical area of study.
- 5+ years sales/marketing experience in cable products used in medical, automated test and measurement, military or aerospace or closely related industries.
- 2+ years sales/marketing experience in cable or interconnects in a remote or field-based position.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Superior PC skills – Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge of wire and cable
- Product or project management experience
- SAP experience
- Organizational skills to anticipate, plan, prioritize and self-monitor workload.
- Effective written and oral communication skills that demonstrate the ability to express ideas and exchange information clearly and concisely.
- Must be able to prepare and deliver concise and effective presentations to customers and Molex personnel.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively work with co-workers and external contacts to respond positively to situations.
- Must be self-motivated and goal oriented.
- Travel is required, primary travel will be within the US, however international travel to customers, suppliers and plants globally is also required as needed.
- Western BDM maintains a territory consisting of roughly the western half of the US and Asia.
- Eastern BDM maintains a territory consisting of roughly the eastern half of the US and Europe.
- Office may be at the plant, home or a Molex sales office, based on business needs.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf