We are seeking a Reliability Engineer with excellent communication and critical thinking skills for the Capital Center of Excellence, Asset Strategies Team. The reliability engineer will validate current asset strategies and develop recommendations for Power, Recovery and Pulp mill equipment. The reliability engineer will work with multiple facilities supporting a wide range of equipment. The reliability engineer will work in a dynamic team environment and communicate with both internal and external contacts.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Review new equipment designs to ensure maintenance and reliability
- Provide engineering expertise in the design, application, operation, inspection and maintenance of static and rotating equipment
- Undertake minor projects periodically to understand the systems further to improve upon the reliability of the systems
- Performing root cause failure analysis to understand equipment failures
- Demonstrates high level customer focus and sense of urgency
- Uses strong verbal and written communication skills to solve problems and provide status updates to customers and suppliers (e.g., commitment dates)
- Work with high degree of detail and accuracy to respond quickly to customer needs
- Periodic reviews with manufacturing facilities to discuss opportunities for continuous improvement of asset strategies
- Develop Asset Strategies for equipment to maximize equipment reliability and provide for a continuous stream of information to project managers and operations
- Initiates changes to improve the effectiveness of the operating process
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with two (2) or more years of experience in a manufacturing environment OR in lieu of a degree, four (4) years of experience in a manufacturing operation
- Experience in planning or applying reliability concepts for Power, Recovery or Pulp mill equipment
- Experience with hazard awareness and risk reduction concepts
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage time, multiple priorities and resources
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as an individual and as a team member
- Strong interpersonal skills
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in the Pulp and Paper industry
- Experience applying reliability concepts in manufacturing process
- Experience improving operator-technician knowledge & skill within a manufacturing environment
- Five years or more Boiler and/or Turbine Generator experience
- Knowledge of SAP or CMMS system
- Advanced Excel knowledge to include pivot tables and data analysis
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf